Windows 10: HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 5
    I don't know what this means!
       27 Aug 2015 #1

    HP Laserjet P1006 will not print now


    Upgraded to Windows 10 about three days ago, and now my HP Laserjet P1006 printer won't print.......keeps saying "error" .Went to HP's website and down loaded what I thought I needed to get it to print but still not printing. One thing anyone here should know about me is I'm not good at getting around on a computer........this old dog doesn't learn how to do things very well! Thanks in advance for any help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Aug 2015 #2

    Look for your installed printers in devices,if your printer is there delete it turn on your printer and install new printer,see if it finds your printer. If it is not already installed again turn on printer and install new printer hope it now is again working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5
    I don't know what this means!
    Thread Starter
       27 Aug 2015 #3

    Thanks .......not sure how to re install it, it's been awhile.....I'll be back either way, to let you know if it works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Aug 2015 #4

    300togo said: View Post
    Thanks .......not sure how to re install it, it's been awhile.....I'll be back either way, to let you know if it works.
    You don't have to do anything just connect the printer by USB or if you have WiFi turn it on,and in devices click on install new device,it will find the printer and install the needed drivers and you will now again have your printer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5
    I don't know what this means!
    Thread Starter
       27 Aug 2015 #5

    Digitalcuriosity........I think(?) I did what you said to do. I uninstalled ,(removed), it,(the printer), and plugged the USB plug in to my laptop, "turned on" my printer, looked up "devices" and clicked on "add a printer or scanner". It searched for awhile an come back saying it "couldn't find the printer I wanted". I tried printing a page and it said "error, printer couldn't print. Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm going to try to print out something "again" an see if it now works. Another thing in "devises", it shows that the HP printer is there and apparently online....when I unplugged the usb cable , it said offline, plugged it back in and the offline went away.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Aug 2015 #6

    300togo said: View Post
    Digitalcuriosity........I think(?) I did what you said to do. I uninstalled ,(removed), it,(the printer), and plugged the USB plug in to my laptop, "turned on" my printer, looked up "devices" and clicked on "add a printer or scanner". It searched for awhile an come back saying it "couldn't find the printer I wanted". I tried printing a page and it said "error, printer couldn't print. Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm going to try to print out something "again" an see if it now works.
    You may have to call your printers support,and ask if they have the needed drivers to,support Win10. If Win10 can't find your printer it is not supported at this time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5
    I don't know what this means!
    Thread Starter
       27 Aug 2015 #7

    I'll do that, but if they don't, are you saying my printer is now useless........if so, that's just wonderful.......(no smilie this time). I'll be back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    27 Aug 2015 #8

    300togo said: View Post
    I'll do that, but if they don't, are you saying my printer is now useless........if so, that's just wonderful.......(no smilie this time). I'll be back.
    No sometimes it takes Microsoft time to address some hardware items,many are fixed in upgrades but some are not. This is why you need to call your printer Mfg.s support they should have an answer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 5
    I don't know what this means!
    Thread Starter
       27 Aug 2015 #9

    Well, I found a driver from HP on their website, downloaded it as per their instructions and now it works fine. Seems I found the answer snooping around, but thank you for your time trying to help...much appreciated....thank you! Glad I found this forum too! As dumb as I am at this stuff, you'll probably hear from me again!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 Aug 2015 #10

    300togo said: View Post
    Well, I found a driver from HP on their website, downloaded it as per their instructions and now it works fine. Seems I found the answer snooping around, but thank you for your time trying to help...much appreciated....thank you! Glad I found this forum too! As dumb as I am at this stuff, you'll probably hear from me again!
    That is good news.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Print Spooler in Drivers and Hardware
My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer"...
Print selection in Browsers and Email
How do I print just the selection in a Web page using Windows Edge? Thanks Shiron
I just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now I cannot scan on my HP LaserJet 3050. The 3050 is recognized as a printer and I can print fine, but it is not recognized as a scanner. I have tried Windows Fax and Scan to no avail. I have the original install...
Most Programs Not Able To Print in Software and Apps
I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit clean install. Most of the programs will not print to any of my printers. I can print to each of the 4 printers from the Chrome browser and the Windows 10 Photos app, but no other program will print, not Word or Excel...
Solved Print to PDF in General Support
Is this a new feature of W 10? I do not remember adding anything 15532 Edit, guess it is http://wmpoweruser.com/confirmed-windows-10-to-include-native-print-as-pdf-option/
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:45.
Find Us