Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 37
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Danish/english
       #1

    Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?


    Hi, if you have a Lenovo Thinkpad R500 and your touchpad is working with scroll in the MS apps, could you post which drivers you are using?

    My touchpad works with scroll, but not in System, startmenu, Devices, Edge and Store.

    Also Precision touchpad is missing alot in Mouse & touchpad.

    Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?-touchpad-empty.jpg

    This is how it should look like

    Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?-touchpad-full.jpg

    If yours are showing everything, could you upload your registry files here.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad
    Last edited by insomniacno1; 21 Aug 2015 at 16:31.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #2

    I have a Lenovo R500 with an "Alps Electric UltraNav" touchpad (according to Windows Device Manager, driver date 30-Nov-2009, driver version 7.202.1616.206) running Windows 10 and I can use the touchpad to scroll vertically and horizontally. As you certainly know, scrolling is achieved by moving the finger along the right or lower edge of the pad.

    I did not install any driver to enable scrolling on the touchpad. I did a clean install of Windows 7 on the R500 and the Alps driver came with Windows 7 Update as "optional update". After updating to Windows 10, the Alps driver is still there.

    That being said, the relevant "Settings" page on my R500 has as little settings as yours. However, I can configure the Ultranav touchpad using the old style "Contol Panel" (section "Mouse Properties" has the well known tab "UltraNav").

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DanTheMan; 05 Sep 2015 at 10:55.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 37
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Danish/english
    Thread Starter
       #3

    DanTheMan said:
    I have a Lenovo R500 with an "Alps Electric UltraNav" touchpad (according to Windows Device Manager, driver date 30-Nov-2009, driver version 7.202.1616.206) running Windows 10 and I can use the touchpad to scroll vertically and horizontally. As you certainly know, scrolling is achieved by moving the finger along the right or lower edge of the pad.

    I did not install any driver to enable scrolling on the touchpad. I did a clean install of Windows 7 on the R500 and the Alps driver came with Windows 7 Update as "optional update". After updating to Windows 10, the Alps driver is still there.

    That being said, the relevant "Settings" page on my R500 has as little settings as yours. However, I can configure the Ultranav touchpad using the old style "Contol Panel" (section "Mouse Properties" has the well known tab "UltraNav").

    Hope that helps.
    Hi Dan, well as I explained the scroll works everywhere else(even in devicemanager, regedit, Taskmanager, IE, Firefox, Services) than the mentioned places, and I have the same driver as you and the UltraNav in control for mouse.

    Please try this: go to settings, to a page where you need to scroll and see if it works there. Also try to scroll in Start>All apps.

    Please post you results:)

    JBJ
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #4

    insomniacno1 said:
    Hi Dan, well as I explained the scroll works everywhere else(even in devicemanager, regedit, Taskmanager, IE, Firefox, Services) than the mentioned places,
    You are right, I observe the same lack of functionality which you reported. Sorry that I could not help you.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 37
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Danish/english
    Thread Starter
       #5

    It's OK:) At least now we know that neither of us are crazy - about this anyway:))

    If anyone else with ALPS has this problem please write it here, so we can make Microsoft fix it!

    JBJ
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 703
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #6

    @insomniacno1
    @DanTheMan


    The UltraNav driver for a ThinkPad is, I think, a Synaptics driver.

    Therefore, try the latest Win10 driver from Synaptics v19.0.19.1 and see if that helps resolve both of your issues.
    http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #7

    WhyMe said:
    try the latest Win10 driver from Synaptics v19.0.19.1 and see if that helps resolve both of your issues.
    http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php
    Thanks. However Synaptics states "Installing a generic driver may result in the loss of OEM-customized Synaptics pointing device functionality." I don't know what that means with regard to my R500 but I'd rather not try. Further, the lack of scrolling functionality is limited to only a few programs. I can cope with that.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 703
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #8

    @DanTheMan

    Those drivers have fixed lots of laptops. If you are concerned you can make a restore point or do a backup first. I've used those exact drivers to fix lots of laptop keyboards not working in Windows 10. Obviously your choice. But with a restore point or backup you have more-or-less got nothing to lose. If they give you full functionality (as they have done many) then it is good, if they change nothing or negatively impact functionality then you switch back.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 703
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #9

    DanTheMan said:
    ...
    In fact, have a look at the thread linked below. It demonstrates how those Synaptic drivers can fix a range of issues
    Specific keyboard keys stopped working after installing Win 10 Solved
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 37
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Danish/english
    Thread Starter
       #10

    WhyMe, did you read that this is ALPS touchpad?

    You can install synaptics drivers but they will have little to none effect on the touchpad, and the newest driver is not good so people with the synaptics touchpad are advised to use the version before the latest.

    I have physically taken the palmrest off and looked at it with magnifying glass and it is ALPS - in fact on my R500 its FRU# 42T3565

    Please be advised, not to post advises here for Synaptics!

    JBJ
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums