HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 10
    Windows
       #1

    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds


    Hello to everyone
    Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12,417
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #2

    layk 5t said:
    Hello to everyone
    Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it
    Some details would help. What size is the drive? Is the caddy connected via USB 2 or USB 3? What does "no such problem before" mean, before what? What is the formatting of the drive? Which Mac are you using, Mac OS X or the newer macOS and are you interchanging between computers?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Berton said:
    Some details would help. What size is the drive? Is the caddy connected via USB 2 or USB 3? What does "no such problem before" mean, before what? What is the formatting of the drive? Which Mac are you using, Mac OS X or the newer macOS and are you interchanging between computers?
    Let me explain the situation as follows
    The second operating system on the computer where I use mac os is not very relevant to this situation.
    drive size 2.5 capacity 500gb
    caddy usb version 3.0
    When I bought the first caddy apparatus, the hdd was attached to this apparatus, then it worked without any problems, then this problem arose when the windows update came.
    When I send data to hdd the drive is 100% utilized, but the speeds are incredibly slow

    note : drive format: ntfs
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 12,417
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #4

    The second operating system on the computer where I use mac os is not very relevant to this situation.
    The relevance of the Mac is whether it can see the drive because it's the same hardware. The version of Mac can be important, my MacBook Pro from 2010 with the last OS X died just as macOS came out, it couldn't do more than read NTFS without a third-party software, didn't get a chance to use macOS. I have 2 x 2TB NAS drives on my Network that can be used with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux, do the format translation as needed. I also have 2 x 4TB USB drives that came formatted as exFAT, useful for PC and Mac according to the labeling of the package.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Berton said:
    The relevance of the Mac is whether it can see the drive because it's the same hardware. The version of Mac can be important, my MacBook Pro from 2010 with the last OS X died just as macOS came out, it couldn't do more than read NTFS without a third-party software, didn't get a chance to use macOS. I have 2 x 2TB NAS drives on my Network that can be used with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux, do the format translation as needed. I also have 2 x 4TB USB drives that came formatted as exFAT, useful for PC and Mac according to the labeling of the package.
    There was a misunderstanding, I think let me explain more about mac os
    My computer is not a normal computer Apple product, this operating system is on the hard disk.
    I do not boot that partition on a partition now I am using windows inside the ssd I allocated a partition up to 80 gb and installed macos there, so I said it is not related to mac os
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,417
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #6

    Your My Computer [below your profile on the left] says nothing about the computer so certain assumptions had to be made that still have not been explained whether the problem with the drive exists on both Windows and Mac. Without that information I cannot continue.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Berton said:
    Your My Computer [below your profile on the left] says nothing about the computer so certain assumptions had to be made that still have not been explained whether the problem with the drive exists on both Windows and Mac. Without that information I cannot continue.
    I wrote almost everything about my computer, feel free to tell if there is any missing information
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 148
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Ver. 21H2 Build 19044.1586
       #8

    layk 5t said:
    Hello to everyone
    Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it
    Does the caddy maybe need a OEM driver?
    USB 2 or 3? Cable rated accordingly?
    Brand? Type of caddy? connection?
    Be more detail descriptive, post a pic.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #9

    dorcom said:
    Does the caddy maybe need a OEM driver?
    USB 2 or 3? Cable rated accordingly?
    Brand? Type of caddy? connection?
    Be more detail descriptive, post a pic.
    thanks for your answer
    caddy brand: second hdd passes as caddy, this caddy uses sata 3 interface and connects to my computer as mini sata
    unfortunately i don't know the oem driver

    the product I bought (almost exactly the same) :Hepsiburada.com | Guvenlik
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12,417
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #10

    That caddy replaces the CD/DVD drive in a Notebook, USB probably doesn't enter into this whole new scenario. Reminds me of my Dell Latitude D810 Notebook of some 15 or so years ago that had interchangeable CD, Floppy drive, battery caddy and HDD caddy.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums