Windows 10: Where is the Safely Remove Hardware icon Solved

  1.    18 Aug 2015 #1

    Where is the Safely Remove Hardware icon


    Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 and to this forum. I can't find the eject hardware icon anywhere. Under windows 7 it was in the system tray at bottom right. Few questions, please:

    1. So where is that eject hardware icon?

    2. I'm assuming that mice and keyboards can be removed at any time safely as there is no data transfer. Is that correct?

    Thanks,

    Peter
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2015 #2

    PeterL said: View Post
    Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 and to this forum. I can't find the eject hardware icon anywhere. Under windows 7 it was in the system tray at bottom right. Few questions, please:

    1. So where is that eject hardware icon?

    2. I'm assuming that mice and keyboards can be removed at any time safely as there is no data transfer. Is that correct?

    Thanks,

    Peter
    It's in the same place on my system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       18 Aug 2015 #3

    ...yup...in the same place except that by default the 'remove hardware' icon is hidden within the expanded section (accessed by clicking the up-arrow in the tray)

    You can move it into the permanent area of the tray via Settings>System>Notification
    Then click on the 'Select Which Icons Appear on the Taskbar"
    Finally, choose your option for each icon
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Aug 2015 #4

    WhyMe said: View Post
    ...yup...in the same place except that by default the 'remove hardware' icon is hidden within the expanded section (accessed by clicking the up-arrow in the tray)

    You can move it into the permanent area of the tray via Settings>System>Notification
    Then click on the 'Select Which Icons Appear on the Taskbar"
    Finally, choose your option for each icon
    Ahh yes I always show all icons and only have 3 set as default so I never even considered that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Aug 2015 #5

    Thanks! It was a good opportunity to clean up my system tray, too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 Aug 2015 #6

    PeterL said: View Post
    Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 and to this forum. I can't find the eject hardware icon anywhere. Under windows 7 it was in the system tray at bottom right. Few questions, please:

    1. So where is that eject hardware icon?

    2. I'm assuming that mice and keyboards can be removed at any time safely as there is no data transfer. Is that correct?

    Thanks,

    Peter
    I followed the instructions and turned on the notification, but it still does not appear.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Aug 2015 #7

    What is the exact item of hardware you are looking to eject? I believe the icon in the notification bar only appears when there is actually an 'ejectable' device connected to the computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 538
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT
       25 Aug 2015 #8

    Mice and keyboards can be removed but if they use the old PS2 connections it would be wise to power down the pc before reconnecting them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Nov 2016 #9

    Not there
    bazz said: View Post
    it's in the same place on my system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Cannot Safely Remove External Drives in Drivers and Hardware
Hello all, In recent weeks, it has become impossible for me to safely remove my external drives. (Mostly, I use Western Digital Passports, Passport Ultras, etc). I am using Windows 10. I close all of my programs and folders. I get the...
How to Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 The Search box on your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. It also allows you to be able to turn on or off to have Cortana give you suggestions,...
I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and the safely remove hardware icon is always there even when nothing is plugged in. When nothing's plugged in, clicking the icon just shows 3 dots (...) and a link to open the Hardware and Devices window (or...
Safely Remove usb in General Support
Hi All All's good so far with Windows 10 upgrade, after coming here not been able to activate Windows but thanks to this site I was able to find a resolution, clicking like mad on the Activate button done the trick sounds weird but it worked :D...
How to safely remove W10? in Installation and Upgrade
I installed W10 in a E: partition and after trying it I prefer to remove it. I had boot problems lately in this laptop after formating and deleting the partition as I have always done to get rid of some testing OS. It didn't boot at all and...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49.
Find Us