UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 61
    windows 10 pro
       #1

    UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS


    im running a Server on my windows 10 PC which is connecting to a UPS in case of power failure
    i also installed the Software that came with my UPS and updated to the latest version to shut down my PC in case of power failure i even reinstalled it several times
    the problem is every 5 or 6 days the software will disconnect and stop communicating with the UPS Itself the tray icon will change to gray from yellow
    and the only fix is to Restart windows the software will work again for 5 to 8 days then i need to restart windows 10 again but why ?
    the UPS is connected to my PC via a USB 2.0 cable
    Windows 10 pro i5 3570k gigabyte Motherboard 16 gb of ram im using this PC as a server running 24/7
    and this is an old problem im not sure why windows 10 keeps disconnecting it every 5 or 6 days

    Last edited by yafatana; 18 Feb 2021 at 07:52.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,807
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #2

    yafatana said:
    im running a Server on my windows 10 PC which is connecting to a UPS in case of power failure
    i also installed the Software that came with my UPS and updated to the latest version to shut down my PC in case of power failure i even reinstalled it several times
    the problem is every 5 or 6 days the software will disconnect and stop communicating with the UPS Itself the tray icon will change to gray from yellow
    and the only fix is to Restart windows the software will work again for 5 to 8 days then i need to restart windows 10 again but why ?
    the UPS is connected to my PC via a USB 2.0 cable
    Windows 10 pro i5 3570k gigabyte Motherboard 16 gb of ram im using this PC as a server running 24/7
    and this is an old problem im not sure why windows 10 keeps disconnecting it every 5 or 6 days


    Hi yafatana, I can't read your post on my phone.

    The subject line at the top is clear but the body of your message blends into the background. I've tried changing the theme on my browser and the settings on my phone to light mode.

    It's still too difficult to read. Please change your font colour to something that contrasts with the background. I can't be the only user not able to read this.

    Thanks in advance.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 61
    windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    W10 Tweaker said:
    Hi yafatana, I can't read your post on my phone.

    The subject line at the top is clear but the body of your message blends into the background. I've tried changing the theme on my browser and the settings on my phone to light mode.

    It's still too difficult to read. Please change your font colour to something that contrasts with the background. I can't be the only user not able to read this.

    Thanks in advance.
    Thank you for answering
    i changed it the same as your Font Color is that ok ?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,807
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #4

    yafatana said:
    Thank you for answering
    i changed it the same as your Font Color is that ok ?

    You're most welcome and thanks for fixing that. I checked it on both my PC & phone, both are readable now.

    What winver are you using?
    Has this program ever functioned correctly on your PC?
    Any recent updates to Windows or device drivers?

    I'm curious what font colour you were using that blended into the background. I apologize for asking, I know that's not what your post is about.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 61
    windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    W10 Tweaker said:
    You're most welcome and thanks for fixing that. I checked it on both my PC & phone, both are readable now.

    What winver are you using?
    Has this program ever functioned correctly on your PC?
    Any recent updates to Windows or device drivers?

    I'm curious what font colour you were using that blended into the background. I apologize for asking, I know that's not what your post is about.
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit
    Cpu i5 3570k with a gigabyte motherboard and 16gb of ram
    the the software is functioning and Working correctly
    im also having this Problem since i strat using it 2 years ago so it's not a new problem

    it's like Windows keep disconnecting it from the UPS every 5 or 6 days im Not sure why
    the UPS is connected to my PC with a USB Cable

    also just to note i have the power option in control panel set to balanced im not sure if this has anything to do with my problem

    as for the font color i was using a black font color
    thank you
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 18,044
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #6

    Hello @yafatana,

     System Specifications

    Please update your system specifications [ System AND Hardware ] by editing your profile. It will allow us to give you more Specific Advice and Help! . . .

    > How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums.

    To make this process easier for you, there is an Automated method that you can use by clicking the Download button at the top of the Tutorial. It contains a standalone .exe file delivered in a .zip file. You just need to Unzip the file and Run SystemInfo.exe. Please note that this file does NOT save ANYTHING to your computer.

    You might also find this Tutorial useful . . .

    > Collecting System Specifications in Windows

    • Please include Case, Cooler, HDD, PSU, SSD, etc.
    • Include ANY Peripherals attached to the computer, both wired or wireless [ Headset, Keyboard, Mouse, Printer, Scanner, Speakers, USB, Wireless Network Card, xBox, etc].

    Thanks.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,807
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #7

    yafatana said:
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit
    Cpu i5 3570k with a gigabyte motherboard and 16gb of ram
    the the software is functioning and Working correctly
    im also having this Problem since i strat using it 2 years ago so it's not a new problem

    it's like Windows keep disconnecting it from the UPS every 5 or 6 days im Not sure why
    the UPS is connected to my PC with a USB Cable

    also just to note i have the power option in control panel set to balanced im not sure if this has anything to do with my problem

    as for the font color i was using a black font color
    thank you

    Thanks for the update. I still believe that knowing your specific winver is important, even if you've had this problem using previous versions of Windows. These disconnects that happened years ago, were they on the same PC and using an older version of Windows 10?

    Find Windows 10 Version Number


    Could you please also post make & model # of the UPS and the name or a download source for this software you're having a problem with?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,807
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #8

    One item to check, open your Device Manager, expand the Universal serial bus controllers. then right-click the devices in that section and select properties. Look for and select the 'Power Management' tab (not all devices have this tab.
    Make certain that the checkbox "Allow the computer to turn off this device' is not selected.


    UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS-0218-allow-computer-turn-off.jpg


    How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 61
    windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    W10 Tweaker said:
    Thanks for the update. I still believe that knowing your specific winver is important, even if you've had this problem using previous versions of Windows. These disconnects that happened years ago, were they on the same PC and using an older version of Windows 10?

    Find Windows 10 Version Number


    Could you please also post make & model # of the UPS and the name or a download source for this software you're having a problem with?
    winver is Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)
    UPS Model is this one link Advice SV 1000
    Software is this one Viewpower Link

    - - - Updated - - -

    W10 Tweaker said:
    One item to check, open your Device Manager, expand the Universal serial bus controllers. then right-click the devices in that section and select properties. Look for and select the 'Power Management' tab (not all devices have this tab.
    Make certain that the checkbox "Allow the computer to turn off this device' is not selected.


    UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS-0218-allow-computer-turn-off.jpg


    How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10
    this was Checked and Selected on all of them
    i Unchecked this on everything Under Universal Serial Bus Controller
    do you think this is why Windows was disconnecting it every several days ?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,807
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #10

    yafatana said:
    winver is Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)
    UPS Model is this one link Advice SV 1000
    Software is this one Viewpower Link

    - - - Updated - - -



    this was Checked and Selected on all of them
    i Unchecked this on everything Under Universal Serial Bus Controller
    do you think this is why Windows was disconnecting it every several days ?

    That could be the problem for sure.

    Many of the devices may have this 'Power Management' tab and have been known to disconnect WLAN cards and the like. It's a great feature for some specific users, too bad Microsoft insists on enabling it as a default setting for every new feature update. LOL
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums