Headset with 2 seperate cables not working correctly with 1 audio jack


  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #1

    Headset with 2 seperate cables not working correctly with 1 audio jack


    Hello, I have headset Genius HS-500X and it has 2 seperate cables for audio and mic. The problem is that my laptop has only 1 jack with headphones and microphone icon, so it should be a combo jack. About 2 months ago I've bought an splitter ( https://i.imgur.com/OXwRzIw.jpg ) , that has one cable red and one green so it should work. It's the same as in picture. But when I plug everything in correctly microphone is not working and headphones have reversed sound, when sound should come from left side it comes from right. I've tried to reinstall software (realtek) many times, also bought another one splitter, but no success. I don't know what to do more.. The last hope is on you guys.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,334
    windows 10 PRO
       #2

    Ok Nvida drivers are installed by MS, if you also have geforce experience installed it will also try and they will clash causing errors, uninstal geforce experience uninstall nvidia drivers and in device manager chose update my driver and see if that helps
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    reddwarf4ever said:
    Ok Nvida drivers are installed by MS, if you also have geforce experience installed it will also try and they will clash causing errors, uninstal geforce experience uninstall nvidia drivers and in device manager chose update my driver and see if that helps
    When i try to uninstall geforce experience through control panel it does nothing, any suggestions? I click uninstall and no response.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,334
    windows 10 PRO
       #4

    Satnamigyz said:
    When i try to uninstall geforce experience through control panel it does nothing, any suggestions? I click uninstall and no response.
    strange behaviour....don't think uninstall works in safe mode but could try.....is it in the programs list, maybe could try and see if uninstall option there, under nvidia.....
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,334
    windows 10 PRO
       #5

    try this

    1 : Disable all 3rd party services
    Click on start and search for msconfig.exe.
    later, click on services tab> hide all Microsoft services> click on disable all > enable NVidia services alone.
    click on startups> disable all > enable NVidia startups.
    hit apply, choose restart later.

    Ensure you have enabled NVidia services before closing.

    2 : Disable the antivirus installed and firewall in computer
    (if the computer is connected from wireless router then ensure you disable the router firewall settings as well)

    3 : Uninstall GeForce Experience from control panel and please delete the GeForce Experience folder from (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience) make sure that this folder is deleted from the Recycle bin as well.

    4 : Restart the computer
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,334
    windows 10 PRO
       #6

    the other thing to try is to download and reinstall GeForce experience, it may have a repair option, once it is reinstalled hopefully any corruption wil be gone and you can uninstall it......apparently if you uninstall the graphics card driver it asks if you want to uninstall the software as well......make sure this is ticked, but you will need to reinstall the graphic card driver through device manager or nvidia website
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    reddwarf4ever said:
    the other thing to try is to download and reinstall GeForce experience, it may have a repair option, once it is reinstalled hopefully any corruption wil be gone and you can uninstall it......apparently if you uninstall the graphics card driver it asks if you want to uninstall the software as well......make sure this is ticked, but you will need to reinstall the graphic card driver through device manager or nvidia website
    Okay, so before you wrote this I've done this. I have uninstalled both, geforce experience and graphics card. Sound is still reversed, but microphone is working although it has noise.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,334
    windows 10 PRO
       #8

    I assume you have reinstalled the nvidia driver....not sure now unless there are some settings in the audio driver which allow some changes.......
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    About mic. Maybe it's just really bad that's why it has huge noise and low quality, because this headset price was really low those days when bought. But speaking about sound, why is it like swapped? Left is coming from right and right from left sides.

    Edit: If I buy a new headset with a single cord (combo), it should work correctly, am I right?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,334
    windows 10 PRO
       #10

    Satnamigyz said:
    About mic. Maybe it's just really bad that's why it has huge noise and low quality, because this headset price was really low those days when bought. But speaking about sound, why is it like swapped? Left is coming from right and right from left sides.

    Edit: If I buy a new headset with a single cord (combo), it should work correctly, am I right?
    sounds a good plan....
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums