I can't download a Single Photo from my Camera!


  1. Posts : 169
    windows 10
       #1

    I can't download a Single Photo from my Camera!


    One of the Best features that I miss about XP was being able to download 'Selected Photos' from my Digital Camera.

    Now its All or Nothing, which means I have to go to my Photos and then delete the ones that I don't want.

    This is a right Royal PIA, has anyone found a way round it.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 299
    Windows 10
       #2

    You could connect your digital camera to a USB slot and in most cases with most manufacturers you will see your camera in My PC. Treat it like a hard drive and click your way to your photos folder. Once there, you can selectively drag-and-drop photos to your hard drive.
      My Computer

  3. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,645
    Win 10 X64 Pro 21H1 19043.964
       #3

    How do you transfer files from the camera to the PC?

    I find that when I connect my camera (Canon T3i DLSR) to a Win 10 PC with a USB cable, it still shows up as an external drive. (With a special camera icon, though.) I can copy files in either direction.

    I've mostly transferred files through a card reader in the past.

    I have not used any software from the camera manufacturer, or any Microsoft utilities.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 169
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Snakeyes said:
    You could connect your digital camera to a USB slot and in most cases with most manufacturers you will see your camera in My PC. Treat it like a hard drive and click your way to your photos folder. Once there, you can selectively drag-and-drop photos to your hard drive.
    I haven't used any Camera Software but when I connect my Camera Via a USB, it asks if I want to Import Photos to the Photos Folder, with the only Two Choices of Import or Cancel.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #5

    Cyberdesigner said:
    I haven't used any Camera Software but when I connect my Camera Via a USB, it asks if I want to Import Photos to the Photos Folder, with the only Two Choices of Import or Cancel.
    Click cancel and look in This Computer It will be there as the posts above state you can then choose which photos to transfer or once you have imported your photos remove them from your camera.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 169
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Bazz said:
    Click cancel and look in This Computer It will be there as the posts above state you can then choose which photos to transfer or once you have imported your photos remove them from your camera.
    Hi Bazz

    Thanks You've Cracked it!

    Problem Solved, so easy when you know how.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 169
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Snakeyes said:
    You could connect your digital camera to a USB slot and in most cases with most manufacturers you will see your camera in My PC. Treat it like a hard drive and click your way to your photos folder. Once there, you can selectively drag-and-drop photos to your hard drive.
    Thank you very much, I've got my head around it now.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 169
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    bobkn said:
    How do you transfer files from the camera to the PC?

    I find that when I connect my camera (Canon T3i DLSR) to a Win 10 PC with a USB cable, it still shows up as an external drive. (With a special camera icon, though.) I can copy files in either direction.

    I've mostly transferred files through a card reader in the past.

    I have not used any software from the camera manufacturer, or any Microsoft utilities.
    Hi Many Thanks, I've got the hang of it now.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums