1.5 GB just to turn off one light on a Corsair M65 Gaming mouse?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. x509's Avatar
    Posts : 884
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    1.5 GB just to turn off one light on a Corsair M65 Gaming mouse?!?


    So I got this Corsair M65 because of its ease and comfort of use. RGB lights on the mouse are a distraction. To turn off the "logo area" LED, I had to download and install Corsair's iCue software, which weighs in at 1.5 GB. Yes, disk space is cheap, but on an SSD it is not infinite.

    So is there a simpler way to just turn off this one LED? I don't have any other Corsair products installed right now, except for an old but still very good AX 850 power supply.
      My Computers

  2. Plankton's Avatar
    Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    I found (for my Razer software), if I installed the software, setup the device then delete the software. The device functions normally and I gained back disk space.

    You might try the same for your corsair iCue software on your mouse. It may work it may not but wont hurt to try.

    I have a corsair case, 6 corsair RGB fans, connected to the lightning node. I have to have it (iCue)....as I like the bling.
      My Computer

  3. x509's Avatar
    Posts : 884
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Plankton said:
    I found (for my Razer software), if I installed the software, setup the device then delete the software. The device functions normally and I gained back disk space.

    You might try the same for your corsair iCue software on your mouse. It may work it may not but wont hurt to try.

    I have a corsair case, 6 corsair RGB fans, connected to the lightning node. I have to have it (iCue)....as I like the bling.
    So I uninstalled the software and rebooted. Bam! The Logo area LED came back on.

    Sheesh, talk about bloatware.
      My Computers

  4. Plankton's Avatar
    Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    x509 said:
    So I uninstalled the software and rebooted. Bam! The Logo area LED came back on.

    Sheesh, talk about bloatware.
    I know what you mean. In the software you can turn all that off but you'll need the software to do that.

    BTW....what size SSD do you have? If 500GB or less....you might want to go to a 1TB drive...as the prices are falling. For a WD Blue 1tb M.2 or 2.5" are both $104 on newegg
      My Computer

  5. x509's Avatar
    Posts : 884
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Plankton said:
    I know what you mean. In the software you can turn all that off but you'll need the software to do that.

    BTW....what size SSD do you have? If 500GB or less....you might want to go to a 1TB drive...as the prices are falling. For a WD Blue 1tb M.2 or 2.5" are both $104 on newegg
    Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I have a 512 GB SSD, but I'm holding out for a 2 or maybe even a 4 TB drive. I have way too many unused HDDs and a few unused SSDs right now. I just wish NAS prices were lower.
      My Computers

  6. i486's Avatar
    Posts : 205
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #6

    x509 said:
    So I got this Corsair M65 because of its ease and comfort of use. RGB lights on the mouse are a distraction. To turn off the "logo area" LED, I had to download and install Corsair's iCue software, which weighs in at 1.5 GB. Yes, disk space is cheap, but on an SSD it is not infinite.

    So is there a simpler way to just turn off this one LED? I don't have any other Corsair products installed right now, except for an old but still very good AX 850 power supply.
    You know what to do.

      My Computer

  7. Plankton's Avatar
    Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    x509 said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I have a 512 GB SSD, but I'm holding out for a 2 or maybe even a 4 TB drive. I have way too many unused HDDs and a few unused SSDs right now. I just wish NAS prices were lower.
    NAS and external portable drives are expensive. As an alternative.....have you thought about a HDD/SSD docking station. I have the Wavlink Red version and paid less than $30 for it. It's a quick and simple way to use old HDD's that are laying around.
      My Computer

  8. Stexred's Avatar
    Posts : 31
    windows 10 pro 64bit
       #8

    you can turn of the logo in icue and it should stay off
    there is no need to have Icue running
    you need to save it to the profile on the mouse itself
    the only light that stay's on is that red led
      My Computer

  9. x509's Avatar
    Posts : 884
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Stexred said:
    you can turn of the logo in icue and it should stay off
    there is no need to have Icue running
    you need to save it to the profile on the mouse itself
    the only light that stay's on is that red led
    Thanks. I like this answer, but how do I save the profile on the mouse?
      My Computers

  10. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,857
    Windows Home Dev 21xxx x64
       #10

    You can compress Razor's folder to get something back. You can compress Windows as well.

    Compress or Uncompress Files and Folders in Windows 10

    Compress or Uncompress Windows 10 with Compact OS
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums