Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED


  1. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home V21H2
       #1

    Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED


    My Windows version is 1909.

    Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard, preferable with UK layout, that has a Caps Lock LED.

    I am fed up with passwords failing because caps lock is on/off.

    You would think that Windows 10 would have on-screen indication that Caps Lock is on - but it hasn't,

    (the bleep/flash is no help at all)..
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 2004 20H1
       #2

    geoffL said:
    You would think that Windows 10 would have on-screen indication that Caps Lock is on - but it hasn't.
    It does.

    Try this -

    To show alerts visually in Windows 10 when using Caps Lock or Num Lock:

    Select the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
    Select Settings (Gear icon).
    Select Ease of Access.
    Select Keyboard from the left pane.
    Navigate to Use Toggle Key.
    Set the Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock option to On.
    Select the Windows icon, Settings, Ease of Access, Audio.
    Choose an option from the Show audio alerts visually drop-down.


    Steps courtesy of the Lenovo website.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home V21H2
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Hello Old Navy Guy.
    Thanks for reply.
    I have seen this "solution" before and can only assume that it refers to an earlier version of Windows.
    I am running Windows 10 version !909 and there are 3 options under Show audio alerts visually.
    1. Flash the title bar of the active window.
    2. Flash the active window.
    3. Flash the entire screen.

    A Flash is no use.
    I want a permanent indication on the screen that the Caps Lock is on.

    Best regards
    geoffL
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 2004 20H1
       #4

    geoffL said:
    I have seen this "solution" before and can only assume that it refers to an earlier version of Windows.
    Appears so.

    Seems to be quite a few 3rd-party apps that might work.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17,832
    Windows 10
       #5

    geoffL said:
    My Windows version is 1909.

    Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard, preferable with UK layout, that has a Caps Lock LED.

    I am fed up with passwords failing because caps lock is on/off.

    You would think that Windows 10 would have on-screen indication that Caps Lock is on - but it hasn't,

    (the bleep/flash is no help at all)..
    MX Keys

    Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED-1.jpgWireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED-000717.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 2004 20H1
       #6

    Pricey.

    $100 US on Amazon.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 17,832
    Windows 10
       #7

    OldNavyGuy said:
    Pricey.
    Yup! And, the best damn chiclet keyboard I ever bought!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 524
    Windows 10 Pro
       #8

    It's becoming increasingly harder to get a good keyboard and mouse that are not wireless.
    I like wired.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums