Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 16,012
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #11

    That is strange, there is a post dated TODAY on that site by Rhaine C., an Independent Advisor!

    Anyway, he suggests un-installing two KB updates [ KB4560960 and KB4561608 ] as a workaround.
    Again, you shouldn't have to use a work around for something as simple as getting a printer to work!
    Out of interest, you can check to see if you have those two KB's are installed first if you are going to go down that route.
    I do have a batch script that checks your OS for specific KB numbers and also un-installs them if you so wish.
    Please let me know if you want further information on this.

    I hope this helps!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 136
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Paul Black said:
    That is strange, there is a post dated TODAY on that site by Rhaine C., an Independent Advisor!

    Anyway, he suggests un-installing two KB updates [ KB4560960 and KB4561608 ] as a workaround.
    Again, you shouldn't have to use a work around for something as simple as getting a printer to work!
    Out of interest, you can check to see if you have those two KB's are installed first if you are going to go down that route.
    I do have a batch script that checks your OS for specific KB numbers and also un-installs them if you so wish.
    Please let me know if you want further information on this.

    I hope this helps!
    I already checked for that, I've got only KB4560960 installed: I tried to unistall it (with administrator privileges) but system doesn't allow me to do that. Anyway it doesn't seem a "solution".
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16,012
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #13

    JoeMcLutz said:
    I already checked for that, I've got only KB4560960 installed: I tried to unistall it (with administrator privileges) but system doesn't allow me to do that. Anyway it doesn't seem a "solution".
    True, it is just another workaround!
    Perhaps other members have got some input or ideas?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,012
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #14

    This is interesting, somebody else has posted a problem concerning a Brother MFC-6490CW printer and the fact that KB4560960 messed up the ability to configure it for custom size printing =>

    KB4560960 Breaks Wi-Fi to printer.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 136
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #15

    It's clear that it's a Windows Update issue... I hope they'll solve it soon.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,012
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #16

    JoeMcLutz said:
    It's clear that it's a Windows Update issue... I hope they'll solve it soon.
    Good luck with that!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3
    Win 10 2004
       #17

    Hi,
    Same problem here with a Brother DCP-353C since 4 hours ago (10 am this morning).
    Old model but working fine in a garage...
    I'll try to revert back. The computer is under 1903.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 136
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Paul Black said:
    Good luck with that!
    Thank you Paul. :)

    - - - Updated - - -

    nextdrOp said:
    Hi,
    Same problem here with a Brother DCP-353C. Old model but working fine in a garage...
    I'll try to revert back. The computer is under 1903.
    The last Windows update turned back to be fatal to our beloved Brother printers...
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 16,012
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #19

    Well, I think we can safely say, as far as Brother printers are concerned, that the probable cause is a WU!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3
    Win 10 2004
       #20

    Thank you for this thread found with Google: less one year, 6th line with "printisolationhost.exe" crash

    updates yesterday:
    https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/...date-kb4560960
    https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/...e-flash-player
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-1903-and-1909 discovered in settings panels, not the new one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    uninstalling kb4560960 is good for me.
    But, another update came in: kb4556799

    Thank you both !
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums