Dragon Center bios update no boot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 9
    Win10
       #21

    bobkn said:
    If that is literally true, that isn't what you need. You need a USB drive with the contents of the ISO copied onto it.

    For a non-UEFI PC, you'd also have to prepare the USB as bootable.

    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
    Yes Iíve downloaded the 64 bit from Microsoft onto the usb, I have a chrome book though, so have to use Chrome Recovery to create the USB into a bootable state. I also have a windows 7 reinstallion cd but it doesnít recognize USB devices and I donít have a ps/2 mouse/keyboard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If hit me to reach out via facebook to my neighborhood to see if anyone has a ps/2 mouse, Iíll see it this helps.
      My Computer

  2. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,515
    Windows 10 Pro
       #22

    Or just see if someone will make a Windows 10 USB flash drive for you using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
      My Computer

  3. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,609
    Win 10 X64 Pro 21H1 19043.928
       #23

    SuperHorse said:
    Yes I’ve downloaded the 64 bit from Microsoft onto the usb, I have a chrome book though, so have to use Chrome Recovery to create the USB into a bootable state. I also have a windows 7 reinstallion cd but it doesn’t recognize USB devices and I don’t have a ps/2 mouse/keyboard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If hit me to reach out via facebook to my neighborhood to see if anyone has a ps/2 mouse, I’ll see it this helps.
    I'm still not 100% clear.

    You have extracted the contents of the ISO onto the USB drive? You'd need to do that to make a device suitable to run a clean install.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 9
    Win10
       #24

    bobkn said:
    I'm still not 100% clear.

    You have extracted the contents of the ISO onto the USB drive? You'd need to do that to make a device suitable to run a clean install.
    Correct, using Chrome Recovery, it makes a bootable USB using the iso. When plugging in the USB after that, you can see the contents of the folder as the root. The contents are in there.

    Took it to Best Buy, it was just $200 for first look, and I got a free 1 tb external drive, and 1 year Webroot security, as well as one year of their Total Tech membership, not too bad so far for $200.
      My Computer

  5. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,609
    Win 10 X64 Pro 21H1 19043.928
       #25

    SuperHorse said:
    Correct, using Chrome Recovery, it makes a bootable USB using the iso. When plugging in the USB after that, you can see the contents of the folder as the root. The contents are in there.

    Took it to Best Buy, it was just $200 for first look, and I got a free 1 tb external drive, and 1 year Webroot security, as well as one year of their Total Tech membership, not too bad so far for $200.
    It appears that a 1TB exetrnal drive is worth about $50. I don't know the value of Webroot or BB Total Tech.

    Still, if one has access to a Windows PC to create a USB installation drive, it's hard to beat free.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 9
    Win10
       #26

    bobkn said:
    It appears that a 1TB exetrnal drive is worth about $50. I don't know the value of Webroot or BB Total Tech.

    Still, if one has access to a Windows PC to create a USB installation drive, it's hard to beat free.
    By all means, I completely agree, however $130 (cost after taking off web root and 1 tb) is totally worth it after my frustration of spending over 24 hours doing IT work, dismissing time with my wife and daughters, and missing out on my Facebook streaming lol. Iím really relieved to have it off my hands, and in more ďprofessionalĒ ones, and it may only take one day although they quoted me for three.

    All in all, thank you all for your support so far, I will update the end result once I get the computer back in working order.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Geek Squad was able to pull through and get me all fixed up within 24 hours. It was going to cost $150, but I instead paid $200 for their Total Tech for 1 year, which also included 1 yr of Web Root, and a 1 TB external drive. It was a good deal in my opinion.
    Last edited by SuperHorse; 29 Nov 2020 at 01:03. Reason: Misspell
      My Computer

  7. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,609
    Win 10 X64 Pro 21H1 19043.928
       #27

    SuperHorse said:
    By all means, I completely agree, however $130 (cost after taking off web root and 1 tb) is totally worth it after my frustration of spending over 24 hours doing IT work, dismissing time with my wife and daughters, and missing out on my Facebook streaming lol. I’m really relieved to have it off my hands, and in more “professional” ones, and it may only take one day although they quoted me for three.

    All in all, thank you all for your support so far, I will update the end result once I get the computer back in working order.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Geek Squad was able to pull through and get me all fixed up within 24 hours. It was going to cost $150, but I instead paid $200 for their Total Tech for 1 year, which also included 1 yr of Web Root, and a 1 TB external drive. It was a good deal in my opinion.
    Out of curiosity, what did they do?

    My guess: clean Windows installation, all data on the OS drive gone. No attempt to save anything.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 9
    Win10
       #28

    bobkn said:
    Out of curiosity, what did they do?

    My guess: clean Windows installation, all data on the OS drive gone. No attempt to save anything.
    They were able to recover documents, about 80% of the drive, it was ok because I either had backups of it all or most of my icons were just shortcuts to programs on other drives. My best guess is they did a windows 10 clean install as well, I only had a chromebook, so Iím guessing it worked for them using a windows pc to create the bootable USB.
      My Computer

  9. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,609
    Win 10 X64 Pro 21H1 19043.928
       #29

    SuperHorse said:
    They were able to recover documents, about 80% of the drive, it was ok because I either had backups of it all or most of my icons were just shortcuts to programs on other drives. My best guess is they did a windows 10 clean install as well, I only had a chromebook, so I’m guessing it worked for them using a windows pc to create the bootable USB.
    Thanks for the response.

    I'm glad to hear that they did a lot more than I expected. I doubt that I'll ever use their services, but the information may be of use to others.
      My Computers


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums