Attn. SSD owners - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1
    W 10
       #61

    Registered just to say Thank You.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit
       #62

    As i read all the stuff i noticed some AMD users having some problems while trying to change to AHCI. As AMD user i will also try and share here if it works but before i try i would like to know the worst case scenario.

    If it can not damage some components like chipset or ssd(just the Windows software is okey) i will give it a shot since i already made a system image to my external harddrive.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #63

    Umut said:
    As i read all the stuff i noticed some AMD users having some problems while trying to change to AHCI. As AMD user i will also try and share here if it works but before i try i would like to know the worst case scenario.

    If it can not damage some components like chipset or ssd(just the Windows software is okey) i will give it a shot since i already made a system image to my external harddrive.
    Ahci drivers for AMD systems come with GPU drivers and appear in registry by it's name.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit
       #64

    I tried this an hour ago and everything is fine so far.

    Thanks for the trick Toobad!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 500
    windows 10 (x64) Home 20H2 19042.844
       #65

    I have ASUS S400CA laptop. It came with HDD. I changed it to SSD in windows 8.1 itself and upgraded to windows 10. I am not sure what was the state before anniversary upgrade. Now UEFI shows SATA mode as AHCI(option AHCI/IDE). But Samsung magician says Deactivated (IDE or RAID). AHCI Mode required for the best SSD performance. I went through these pages and checked and updated Intel drivers. It did not show any update for AHCI. Further regedit showed that there is no msahci in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services.
    How to proceed to set the magician right for AHCI.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,295
    Win10 202H
       #66

    lvgandhi said:
    I have ASUS S400CA laptop. It came with HDD. I changed it to SSD in windows 8.1 itself and upgraded to windows 10. I am not sure what was the state before anniversary upgrade. Now UEFI shows SATA mode as AHCI(option AHCI/IDE). But Samsung magician says Deactivated (IDE or RAID). AHCI Mode required for the best SSD performance. I went through these pages and checked and updated Intel drivers. It did not show any update for AHCI. Further regedit showed that there is no msahci in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services.
    How to proceed to set the magician right for AHCI.
    @lvghandi some systems using Magician have problems since AU , you do not need Magician though so it can be uninstalled .

    see this thread about it here:
    Widespread AHCI issues in Samsung Magician since Win10 1-year update - Windows 10 Forums
    or
    does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 500
    windows 10 (x64) Home 20H2 19042.844
       #67

    Kbird said:
    @lvghandi some systems using Magician have problems since AU , you do not need Magician though so it can be uninstalled .

    see this thread about it here:
    Widespread AHCI issues in Samsung Magician since Win10 1-year update - Windows 10 Forums
    or
    does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks for the response.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 / Arch Linux
       #68

    Just posting to say this worked for me, with Windows 10 and an Sandisk Ultra 960GB SSD:
    I'd forgotten to enable AHCI in my ASRock motherboard when I installed the OS.

    The only thing I did differently was not use the tedious command prompt method of switching to safe mode.
    Instead, I pounded frantically on shift-F8 the moment the BIOS screen finished loading, like a real man.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 25
    w10
       #69

    If you cannot boot after the change, CHECK you BOOT DRIVE settings in BIOS. My normal boot drive changed after I changed to AHCI so I had to change it back and it then worked.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 248
    Windows 10 Pro
       #70

    I successfully used this approach to switch my motherboard SATA setting from AHCI to RAID. In the process, my login switched to password mode but it was easily switched back to PIN mode by clicking on the text underneath the password text box.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums