Latest Samsung NVMe Driver Released

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #131

    Ok.
    You could try using 7Zip or WinRAR and extracting the contents of the Samsung NVMe executable.
    Then use Device Manager to update the driver by pointing it to the extracted folder.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #132

    Cliff S said:
    Ok.
    You could try using 7Zip or WinRAR and extracting the contents of the Samsung NVMe executable.
    Then use Device Manager to update the driver by pointing it to the extracted folder.
    There?s no .inf to point to
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #133

    CountMike said:
    There?s no .inf to point to
    Doesn't need to. Some drivers only contain files not .inf(setup information file).
    You only need .inf or .exe when bypassing device manager.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #134

    Cliff S said:
    Doesn't need to. Some drivers only contain files not .inf(setup information file).
    You only need .inf or .exe when bypassing device manager.
    Main question is why wouldn't .exe run at all. might be some permission problem.
    Latest Samsung NVMe Driver Released-image.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #135

    CountMike said:
    Main question is why wouldn't .exe run at all. might be some permission problem.
    That, or maybe(also was going to ask) if he has controlled folder access turned on, and needs to give the installer permission, or the new(in 2004) PUA protection turned on, maybe one of those is blocking it.
    If using a 3rd party AV then temporarily turn it off.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #136
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 297
    Windows 10 x64 1809 LTSC
       #137

    I believe this can be done with WIX, though I haven't tried since v3.1
    However, I do have the driver files already installed from v3.3
    There are 4 files needed; secnvme.cat, secnvme.inf, secnvme.pnf and secnvme.sys.

    I can zip them up, and you can give them a try.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 12
    windows 10 build 2004
       #138

    Wobitancrawfodi said:
    I believe this can be done with WIX, though I haven't tried since v3.1
    However, I do have the driver files already installed from v3.3
    There are 4 files needed; secnvme.cat, secnvme.inf, secnvme.pnf and secnvme.sys.

    I can zip them up, and you can give them a try.
    please do maybe i can manually instal them via device manager
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 297
    Windows 10 x64 1809 LTSC
       #139

    Right click .inf, click install. Or you can use pnputil which is how I do it with my script that I run after installing Windows.

    pnputil /add-driver "secnvme.inf" /install (from the folder where the files are located).

    drop me a pm with a secure email address and I'll send them to you. I don't have any cloud storage accounts.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12
    windows 10 build 2004
       #140

    many thanks i have sent my email to you
    i also tried turning off windows defender but that didnt do much and i am on build 2004
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums