No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
       #1

    No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected


    Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed) in Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    When I tried to access the webcam with Camera app, it says "We cannot find your camera" with error code 0xA00F4244.
    I have tried different ways to fix it, manually installing drivers from my laptop brand's support site, updating and uninstalling the faulty driver but so far nothing worked.
    Please help me, I have been struggling with this problem for hours and now I'm completely lost.
    Here's my Device Manager list:
    No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected-annotation-2019-08-01-190015.png
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 19,871
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #2

    Just for reference for anyone reading this:
    Win 10 driver for webcam for this appears to be available - (is this what you've tried?)
    Camera Driver (Realtek, Sonix) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo G40-70, G50-70 - US

    Have you tried the approaches listed here?
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo.../td-p/5973953#
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 7,348
    Mac OS Mojave
       #3

    Lenovo does have drivers at laptops and netbooks :: lenovo g series laptops :: g40 70 notebook lenovo Lenovo PC Support - US. The camera is going to be hard, since the device could be from multiple manufacturers on the same assembly line. The camera and mic can be disabled in the bios, double check in there.
    Last edited by bro67; 01 Aug 2019 at 21:39.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
    Thread Starter
       #4

    dalchina said: View Post
    Just for reference for anyone reading this:
    Win 10 driver for webcam for this appears to be available - (is this what you've tried?)
    Camera Driver (Realtek, Sonix) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo G40-70, G50-70 - US

    Have you tried the approaches listed here?
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo.../td-p/5973953#
    Yes. Almost every solutions in the HP website I have tried, but still not worked, and I don't wanna risk changing any registry values for system's stability purpose.
    I have also manually downloaded and installed drivers from Lenovo but the driver wouldn't even get recognized by Device Manager.

    - - - Updated - - -

    bro67 said: View Post
    Lenovo does have drivers at laptops and netbooks :: lenovo g series laptops :: g40 70 notebook lenovo Lenovo PC Support - US. The camera is going toe hard, since the device could be from multiple manufacturers on the same assembly line. The camera and mic can be disabled in the bios, double check in there.
    I checked the BIOS menu on my computer and found no such settings for the integrated camera on my laptop, and also tried downloading and installing the drivers from Lenovo to no avail.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 7,348
    Mac OS Mojave
       #5

    Does it show up if you load a Ubuntu Live DVD to see if Cheese finds it? If not, you will have no choice but to contact a How to Locate a Repair Center or Service Provider - US
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
    Thread Starter
       #6

    bro67 said: View Post
    Does it show up if you load a Ubuntu Live DVD to see if Cheese finds it? If not, you will have no choice but to contact a How to Locate a Repair Center or Service Provider - US
    I also tried many different apps that uses webcams and even the site to check webcam, but they were all reporting that my webcam cannot be found. I will look for any computer repair shop to check for webcam hardware faults.
    I’m in Vietnam btw. Thanks for replying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. TV2's Avatar
    TV2
    Posts : 833
    W10 Home 1903
       #7

    Two things you could try, it shouldn't matter what order to try them:

    Select the Unknown USB device > right click > and uninstall (Uninstall Device) > restart.
    See if the status changes.

    Select the Unknown USB Device > Right click > Update Driver
    Use the manual method (Browse My Computer) > navigate to the folder where your webcam driver is located > If the driver shows up as available to install then do it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
    Thread Starter
       #8

    TV2 said: View Post
    Two things you could try, it shouldn't matter what order to try them:

    Select the Unknown USB device > right click > and uninstall (Uninstall Device) > restart.
    See if the status changes.

    Select the Unknown USB Device > Right click > Update Driver
    Use the manual method (Browse My Computer) > navigate to the folder where your webcam driver is located > If the driver shows up as available to install then do it.
    It still doesn't work. The camera driver isn't recognized by Windows. I have concluded that it was hardware fault, not software fault anymore
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. TV2's Avatar
    TV2
    Posts : 833
    W10 Home 1903
       #9

    That is surely a possibility. But I'm skeptical that a Windows Upgrade would actually fry a component. It seems more likely that it is a system firmware failure of some sort.

    So the next thing I would suggest is what bro67 suggested: get yourself a copy of Ubuntu (or and other Linux OS that will run from a USB stick) and see if the webcam works in Linux.
    If it does it is a software/firmware problem. If it doesn't then it is hardware failure.

    When you download Ubuntu to a USB stick and run the exe it gives you the option to either install the OS on your hard drive OR run it from the USB stick. You do not need to install it.
    I always keep a current version on a stick just for these kinds of diagnostic tests.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
    Thread Starter
       #10

    TV2 said: View Post
    That is surely a possibility. But I'm skeptical that a Windows Upgrade would actually fry a component. It seems more likely that it is a system firmware failure of some sort.

    So the next thing I would suggest is what bro67 suggested: get yourself a copy of Ubuntu (or and other Linux OS that will run from a USB stick) and see if the webcam works in Linux.
    If it does it is a software/firmware problem. If it doesn't then it is hardware failure.

    When you download Ubuntu to a USB stick and run the exe it gives you the option to either install the OS on your hard drive OR run it from the USB stick. You do not need to install it.
    I always keep a current version on a stick just for these kinds of diagnostic tests.
    I ran Ubuntu from my USB stick and tried the webcam using Cheese app like bro67 mentioned, but it said "No Device Found"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
My laptop USED to have a built-in webcam that worked! That is, until the latest Windows 10 update. I am sure I used it about a month ago. I have tried downloading the driver, because the webcam does not even appear in Device Manager. According...
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 Processor Count: 2 RAM: 3037 Mb Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft...
I have an ASUS VK248H-CSM monitor that has a built-in webcam. However, I think I am missing the drivers for it because when I try to use the webcam it tells me to connect one first. In the Device Manager I do not have an Imaging Devices or Other...
Don't use her very often yet. Mostly ok desktop since I have a gaming headset. Don't want to use it on laptop though. Haven't been able to get it to work with webcam mic. Is it even possible ?
Hi, I have upgraded to Windows 10 and for the most part all other apps and devices etc seem to be working. However, I use a Logitech C920 HR webcam to do live streaming and other than obs only working in 32 bit it will not recognise my webcam. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:36.
Find Us