Why my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disabled in windows 10 ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Pro, 1709
       #1

    Why my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disabled in windows 10 ??


    Hello,

    In my Device Manager I see under Network Adapters that Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disabled.
    I never disabled it. So how & why it's disabled ?? The other adapter is active which I guess
    allows me to surf the web. It's the Qualcomm Wireless Adapter. But recently I get Blue screens
    of an error with the Netio.sys driver and so I began checking under Device Manager and found the above.
    I have Windows 10 Pro 1709 on a desktop.

    Any solutions ??
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 802
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #2

    So, did you try to enable it?

    Also worth getting updated driver off Realtek directly, assume it's this link:

    Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK

    (I have both wireless and GBE adapters enabled and in use at the same time)
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 19,524
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #3

    newu873 said:
    Hello,

    In my Device Manager I see under Network Adapters that Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disabled.
    I never disabled it. So how & why it's disabled ?? The other adapter is active which I guess
    allows me to surf the web. It's the Qualcomm Wireless Adapter. But recently I get Blue screens
    of an error with the Netio.sys driver and so I began checking under Device Manager and found the above.
    I have Windows 10 Pro 1709 on a desktop.

    Any solutions ??
    You have to choose between wired and WiFi internet, can't use both at same time.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 802
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #4

    CountMike said:
    You have to choose between wired and WiFi internet, can't use both at same time.
    Why? That's exactly what I do - both interfaces are enabled and connected to my router.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 19,524
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #5

    krzemien said:
    Why? That's exactly what I do - both interfaces are enabled and connected to my router.
    You can connect to router but not to internet.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 802
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #6

    At work I actually have three network interfaces doing this within my Surface laptop: WiFi and two separate ones via USB dock and USB hub that's equipped with network interface. And all is well and everything works (and I do not really care how Windows manages connectivity to the Internet).

    The point I'm trying to make is that you can keep various interfaces connected at the same time - otherwise your above statement could be misleading.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,524
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #7

    krzemien said:
    At work I actually have three network interfaces doing this within my Surface laptop: WiFi and two separate ones via USB dock and USB hub that's equipped with network interface. And all is well and everything works (and I do not really care how Windows manages connectivity to the Internet).

    The point I'm trying to make is that you can keep various interfaces connected at the same time - otherwise your above statement could be misleading.
    I have both connected too but only one at a time can be connected to internet, the other one has to be disabled.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 56,883
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #8

    Maybe everybody is saying the same thing, but choice of terms/words is misleading. All of mine are "enabled", only one, Ethernet, is actually "connected" and active out in the world wide wild web. If I manually disable the Ethernet, the WiFi kicks in automatically.

    (The VMs are VMWare proxies)

    Why my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disabled in windows 10 ??-2019-07-28_08h11_45.png
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 19,524
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #9

    Why my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disabled in windows 10 ??-image.png
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 56,883
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #10

      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums