Metadata staging failed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 64
       #1

    Metadata staging failed


    These errors have started building up with every reboot.. What's going on? Never seen them in W764? But now after upgrading to W10 64..

    Metadata staging failed, result={CA0E9E80-3E97-FCAC-730A-8CB080FA2581} for container '0x80070490'

    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.

    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.

    How can I fix this?

    Specs:


    OS: MS Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU: Intel Xeon(R) CPU X5492 @ 3.8GHz @41 C Modded for LGA775 Board
    RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1789MHz (9-8-9-25)
    Motherboard: XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI (Socket 775)
    Graphics: Monitor (1920x1080 @60Hz) Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
    Hard Drives: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 64
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Ok I took the plunge and followed Brink's instructions for a full re-install of Windows 10 64, the drive was formatted and a fresh copy was installed using a USB drive and my event viewer is choc full of errors that really have me worried.

    The system occasionally freezes/hangs and I have to hard reset it to reboot.

    here's an example of what's in the event viewer:

    Metadata staging failed-event-view-1.jpg

    This is an awful lot of errors for the first day of a fresh install, I was up very late last night/this morning to get this far, but things don't seem to have improved at all.

    Please can anyone help me?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    I have the same problem. Errors appear in following order:

    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
    Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80070490'

    I think all these errors are to be seen as one. For some reason the system reports no internet connection, and then rest of errors appears.

    There is an option in Group Policy to tell windows to wait for internet before logon:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
    "Always wait for network at computer startup and logon"
    However that doesn't work here. The error persists.

    So, any ideas?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    kosta said:
    I have the same problem. Errors appear in following order:

    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
    Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80070490'

    I think all these errors are to be seen as one. For some reason the system reports no internet connection, and then rest of errors appears.

    There is an option in Group Policy to tell windows to wait for internet before logon:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
    "Always wait for network at computer startup and logon"
    However that doesn't work here. The error persists.

    So, any ideas?

    Hello Kosta, thanks for your reply, I got a lot of success by following Sammy's advice at this link ==> Solved Continues Errors at startup - Page 3
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    Many thanks! Changing the link to the forwarded link actually worked out!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    kosta said:
    Many thanks! Changing the link to the forwarded link actually worked out!
    Good to hear that !! :) Glad to help.. :)
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 PRO
       #7

    SoxmisUK said:
    Hello Kosta, thanks for your reply, I got a lot of success by following Sammy's advice at this link ==> Solved Continues Errors at startup - Page 3
    Sammy's solution workd for me well. System is windows 10. here is detail.
    Solved Continues Errors at startup - Page 3
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 204
    Windows 10 Pro
       #8

    Those links that are in EightForums don't work....have tried and tried but get errors...there must've been a change to the url site...i remember one time using howtogeek as the goto site for event id errors. has anyone got a new link to put in the registry file?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    tazmo8448 said:
    Those links that are in EightForums don't work....have tried and tried but get errors...there must've been a change to the url site...i remember one time using howtogeek as the goto site for event id errors. has anyone got a new link to put in the registry file?
    Still working for me, however here is what is said at the link shown in case you can't get to it:

    "I have the solution for the problem.
    Searches on regedit for the following entry: DeviceMetadataServiceURL
    There you change the URL in the following: http://dmd.metaservices.microsoft.com/dms/metadata.svc
    after you have closed the editor is saved the change.
    Now the problem is solved and it will also re-loaded device information."
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Pro
       #10

    I don't get it why Microsoft doesn't fix those small things... it's really annoying.
    Seriously, I have more aggravation with Win10 than I ever had with Win7, even at the beginning.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums