Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

    Static Noises for Audio


    Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7

    When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts headphones (Beats) and speakers.

    How can I fix this static sound? I'm using, for all my audio stuff, IDT Audio.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)

    If you don't have the latest IDT audio driver, download it here: Drivers Software - HP Support Center.


    Someone on the Microsoft Forums also suggested this:
    1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    2. Select Driver tab.
    3. Click Update Driver... button.
    4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
    5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.
    6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
    Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.
    7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Is this since win10?

    Maybe electromagnetic interference?
    Try another browser
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by derek10 View Post
    Is this since win10?

    Maybe electromagnetic interference?
    Try another browser
    I've been getting this since I installed Windows 10.

    I tried a YouTube video with Firefox and got the static noise, and I tried Microsoft Edge and got the static noise.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Have you tried another audio playback MP# etc..with the PC?? If sounds like it has static .. it's the drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Have you tried another audio playback MP# etc..with the PC?? If sounds like it has static .. it's the drivers.
    What is audio playback MP#?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Sorry MP3 or some other audio source to test your PC's drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    If you don't have the latest IDT audio driver, download it here: Drivers Software - HP Support Center.


    Someone on the Microsoft Forums also suggested this:
    1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    2. Select Driver tab.
    3. Click Update Driver... button.
    4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
    5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.
    6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
    Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.
    7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.
    I tried installing the driver on the website, but during the installation it said that my hardware is not compatible (even though it came preloaded with it). I have the HP Pavilion dv7.

    And for the "Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer" part, it only showed "Audio Endpoint" and "Generic software device".
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    06 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Sorry MP3 or some other audio source to test your PC's drivers.
    Just tried one out with iTunes, and I didn't get the static noise.

    EDIT: I did get one static noise midway through my second song
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    06 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluigi6 View Post
    Just tried one out with iTunes, and I didn't get the static noise.

    EDIT: I did get one static noise midway through my second song
    Then it's likely a driver issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Announcing Dolby Audio for high performance audio in Microsoft Edge
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/05/26/announcing-dolby-audio-for-high-performance-audio-in-microsoft-edge/
Windows 10 News
Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.
I have a cable going to a small speaker next to my laptop. There has been a static noise coming from it lately. I have been observing when it happens and it's mostly when there is any audio playing. It could be from a YouTube video, Spotify, iTunes,...
Drivers and Hardware
strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings
hello, since ive installed windows 10 on my macbook, ive had a few driver problems. one really annoying one is sound. it works but the options in playback devices are missing such as the enhancements. i use speaker fill but the option is...
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums