Could not find an Intel Z68 chipset driver for Windows 10


  1. Posts : 3
    Windows 7 64-bit
       #1

    Could not find an Intel Z68 chipset driver for Windows 10


    I'm planning on a clean install of Windows 10 as my computer is practically dying and it needs a full restart. However, I'm scared that my drivers would not be compatible with Windows 10. I tried to find an Intel Z68 chipset driver through google, but could not find one (Link to Intel Z68 chipset download). Does this mean that my chipset is incompatible with Windows 10?

    On a side note, I found an Intel 82579V Network Adapter Driver for my network adapter, but it says it's outdated. The newer version, however, doesn't even support my network adapter. Should i get the newer version or the older version?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 258
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    More then likely that Windows will install a default driver for this. unfortunately, the only way to check is to install. Do you have a spare drive to test?
      My Computer

  3. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 20,065
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909
       #3

    Hi TraceL. Welcome to the TenForums @TraceL

    Download and if required use the Win 8.1 drivers on the Asus site.

    Windows 10 finds drivers for equipment all the way back to XP.

    You shouldn't have any issue.

    Use Macrium to Image existing system in case you have to restore.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

    You could also export existing drivers.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pow...?view=win10-ps
      My Computer

  4. johnhoh's Avatar
    Posts : 45
    Win10 pro v1903
       #4

    Gigabyte has a win10 driver for Z68. I would figure its also on the win10 install iso
    GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,631
    Windows 10
       #5

    No need to find a driver for either. For a common chipset like Intel Z68, it will be in Windows 10.
    It is also in the MS update catalogue for Windows 10.

    Intel 82579V Network adapter driver is in MS update catalogue for Windows 10, so again will be downloaded.

    There should be no worries, it is all done for you.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    kingtez1984 said:
    More then likely that Windows will install a default driver for this. unfortunately, the only way to check is to install. Do you have a spare drive to test?
    I do. Right now my computer has 3 drives. One SSD and 2 HDDs, with one of the HDDs being my boot drive. I can probably format my other HDD to use as a backup. Do I only have to backup my boot drive?

    Caledon Ken said:
    Hi TraceL. Welcome to the TenForums @TraceL

    Download and if required use the Win 8.1 drivers on the Asus site.

    Windows 10 finds drivers for equipment all the way back to XP.

    You shouldn't have any issue.

    Use Macrium to Image existing system in case you have to restore.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

    You could also export existing drivers.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pow...?view=win10-ps
    Wait, so Windows 8.1 drivers are compatible with Windows 10 drivers?

    johnhoh said:
    Gigabyte has a win10 driver for Z68. I would figure its also on the win10 install iso
    GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.
    My motherboard is from ASUS though...

    Helmut said:
    No need to find a driver for either. For a common chipset like Intel Z68, it will be in Windows 10.
    It is also in the MS update catalogue for Windows 10.

    Intel 82579V Network adapter driver is in MS update catalogue for Windows 10, so again will be downloaded.

    There should be no worries, it is all done for you.
    Okay then. I'll back up my computer just in case then.

    Thanks for the replies!
      My Computer


  7. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 20,065
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909
       #7

    Look at the date on some of the drivers Windows is using. Ancient.

    I use a Win 7 driver for my Intel wireless card.
      My Computer

  8. johnhoh's Avatar
    Posts : 45
    Win10 pro v1903
       #8

    TraceL said:
    My motherboard is from ASUS though...
    The driver was written by intel. When you are on a motherboard download site, the motherboard makers write their bios and utility apps but they do not write their driver programs. Those come from intel, amd, nvidia, realtek, etc, and are rarely specific to motherboard brand.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums