Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Spring Valley
    Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       24 Sep 2015 #31

    Yah, That was my point. You'll never fail to get in if you have some kind of PS2 connected even if it's just a keyboard.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10
       24 Sep 2015 #32

    XweAponX said: View Post
    Yah, That was my point. You'll never fail to get in if you have some kind of PS2 connected even if it's just a keyboard.
    Same here I have always got a ps2 mouse and keyboard handy, has saved me many times.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10
       02 Nov 2015 #33

    RESOLVED with Windows 10 Recovery USB


    I just posted this on another thread. I had this issue just this weekend and fixed it. I used a USB created from another computer running windows 10. My PC that had the problem was able to use F11 during bootup to select boot sequence. After creating the recovery USB, I put it in the other computer booted using F11 and came to the same screen about Keyboard, but I was able to use my mouse and select US keyboard. It then went on to allow me to use Windows utilities to correct the issue. Choosing a system restore of a couple days prior did the trick for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       11 Nov 2015 #34

    I am now in this deep hole for three days. Just to make clear my situation. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7.All went well. After installf8 , without any problem, Windows 10 loaded up. All my icons, shortcuts, were visible. But NO mouse or keyboard, so I can't do anything.

    Many of the recommended solutions are useless to me because I can not do ANYTHING while in Windows 10. I have tried EVERY USB port--USB 2.0 and USB 3.0--Makes no difference. I have been hours in chat with Microsoft--useless. Wants me to re-install Windows 7 from disk. I will do that only as a last resort.

    Maker of my motherboard, ASUS, has been more helpful, but after hours on live chat, update of Bios (fortunately can do that from Bios set up screen where both mouse and keyboard work.) still no solution. Cannot even get into safe mode. Somewhere between Bios set up and Window 10 I lose keyboard, so no f8 or <delete> or <Escape>

    This is a severe problem for me. I know I can rescue data from drives, but my setup is very important to me. I have some programs I've managed to keep running from MSDOS days. No way to reinstall them.

    Here is where I am: my motherboard has no other human interface except USB--no ports work. I'm locked out. I have ordered a PS2 card which I will use in a PCI slot. What chance do I have that this will allow mouse/keyboard input? I will have no way to configure or install drivers. This is my best hope right now.

    Someone mentioned onboard SATA. I' not sure what that might mean. If someone does know, please give me some help.

    I am surprised that there is nothing to warn against this, and there is no help coming from Microsoft. This is a destructive upgrade with the potential to destroy a working system.

    If anyone has any suggestion, I'm willing to try almost anything to avoid losing my setup with a reinstall of Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       11 Nov 2015 #35

    Padredw said: View Post
    I am now in this deep hole for three days. Just to make clear my situation. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7.All went well. After installf8 , without any problem, Windows 10 loaded up. All my icons, shortcuts, were visible. But NO mouse or keyboard, so I can't do anything.

    Many of the recommended solutions are useless to me because I can not do ANYTHING while in Windows 10. I have tried EVERY USB port--USB 2.0 and USB 3.0--Makes no difference. I have been hours in chat with Microsoft--useless. Wants me to re-install Windows 7 from disk. I will do that only as a last resort.

    Maker of my motherboard, ASUS, has been more helpful, but after hours on live chat, update of Bios (fortunately can do that from Bios set up screen where both mouse and keyboard work.) still no solution. Cannot even get into safe mode. Somewhere between Bios set up and Window 10 I lose keyboard, so no f8 or <delete> or <Escape>

    This is a severe problem for me. I know I can rescue data from drives, but my setup is very important to me. I have some programs I've managed to keep running from MSDOS days. No way to reinstall them.

    Here is where I am: my motherboard has no other human interface except USB--no ports work. I'm locked out. I have ordered a PS2 card which I will use in a PCI slot. What chance do I have that this will allow mouse/keyboard input? I will have no way to configure or install drivers. This is my best hope right now.

    Someone mentioned onboard SATA. I' not sure what that might mean. If someone does know, please give me some help.

    I am surprised that there is nothing to warn against this, and there is no help coming from Microsoft. This is a destructive upgrade with the potential to destroy a working system.

    If anyone has any suggestion, I'm willing to try almost anything to avoid losing my setup with a reinstall of Windows.
    Hello Pedredw,
    I had the same kind of problem om my system when i was in W8 (same ASUS motherboard generation "sandy bridge" as yours) it seems strange but there must be some kind of interference between USB ports/controllers, the solution was to unplug the USB wifi adapter ( mine is a Netgear wna3100) then reboot and the wireless receiver of keyboard and mouse worked then i plug the wifi adapter again and all worked.
    I hope this could be a solution for you too.
    Gas
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       11 Nov 2015 #36

    Thanks, Gas, for your timely response. Let me update my situation (as of half hour ago) then raise a question about your suggested solution.

    UPDATE: Bad news, indeed. The part of ordered turned out to be much different than I had intended. It is a PS2 adapter to be added to back outlet on the computer, BUT is NOT a PCI card, instead is a USB adapted which calls for mounting on a 4 pin USB internal (which I don't seem to have) or to a USB input with a USB male to male cable, which among all my "stuff" I can't seem to find at the moment. Even if I had it, I must express doubt that it would change anything. I will go back online and see if I can find a PS2 to PCI card. That goes back to my earlier question: what are the chances of that working.

    NOW A QUESTION: Not sure about a WIFI adapter. I'll do some more exploring, but this is the only computer among my several which is connected by ethernet. Can you give me some clues?

    Please stick with me. I am really desperate for help with this problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       11 Nov 2015 #37

    Padredw said: View Post
    Thanks, Gas, for your timely response. Let me update my situation (as of half hour ago) then raise a question about your suggested solution.

    UPDATE: Bad news, indeed. The part of ordered turned out to be much different than I had intended. It is a PS2 adapter to be added to back outlet on the computer, BUT is NOT a PCI card, instead is a USB adapted which calls for mounting on a 4 pin USB internal (which I don't seem to have) or to a USB input with a USB male to male cable, which among all my "stuff" I can't seem to find at the moment. Even if I had it, I must express doubt that it would change anything. I will go back online and see if I can find a PS2 to PCI card. That goes back to my earlier question: what are the chances of that working.

    NOW A QUESTION: Not sure about a WIFI adapter. I'll do some more exploring, but this is the only computer among my several which is connected by ethernet. Can you give me some clues?

    Please stick with me. I am really desperate for help with this problem.
    I guess you tried other keyboards and mouses did you? asking just for trouble shooting reason.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 120
    Windows 10 (duh)
       11 Nov 2015 #38

    Why exactly did you install Windows 10 on a mb that does not have drivers for Windows 10?

    Anyway, I don't remember the specifics, but I've solved this exact problem for this motherboard by using an usb 2.0 backplate (consult manual page 2-24) to connect keyboard/mouse.

    Then configured BIOS/Advanced to disable usb 3.0 controller (3-21) and set usb configuration (3-20) to Legacy USB Support = Enabled, Legacy USB3.0 Support = Disabled, EHCI Hand-off = Enabled. You might need to try with all on disabled, too, this is the fuzzy part.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       11 Nov 2015 #39

    Gas said: View Post
    I guess you tried other keyboards and mouses did you? asking just for trouble shooting reason.
    Yes, I have a Logitech set and a Microsoft set. Same result for both.

    UPDATE: I do find a PS2 to PCIE card, but it ships from China and might be weeks enroute.

    Here is what I am doing now, but still doubtful. I am fortunate to have left my older SSD drive just as it was with Windows 7. I have been able to boot from that. Mouse and Keyboard work. I am even able to update drivers BUT I'm afraid those updates will be to the "brain" on this SSD and will not affect the "brain" of the new SSD which boots to Windows 10.

    Some slight good news: Even though this Windows 7 is older, most of my data is on other hard drives. I can probably use this as a work-around until I can solve the terrible problem.

    Thank you for trying to help an old man! That is no joke. I am 83 years of age! Amazing that I do as well as I do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       11 Nov 2015 #40

    AveYo said: View Post
    Why exactly did you install Windows 10 on a mb that does not have drivers for Windows 10?

    Anyway, I don't remember the specifics, but I've solved this exact problem for this motherboard by using an usb 2.0 backplate (consult manual page 2-24) to connect keyboard/mouse.

    Then configured BIOS/Advanced to disable usb 3.0 controller (3-21) and set usb configuration (3-20) to Legacy USB Support = Enabled, Legacy USB3.0 Support = Disabled, EHCI Hand-off = Enabled. You might need to try with all on disabled, too, this is the fuzzy part.
    My motherboard is based on the same chipset and hardware, i had not to install any driver when installed W10 though I had to install some manually when I installed W8 and i had to install even more drivers with W7.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working
After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does not work. I tried switching usb ports and that didn't work either.
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login
I downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago, and every time I turn off my computer and log back in, my mouse settings revert back to their defaults. The defaults have a lot of annoying extra features, and the scroll is backwards. Every time I change the...
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 stuck at login screen....
Hello. I have just upgraded from build 9926 to build 10041 and now I have s major problem with the login screen. It won't respond and no matter what I do with my mouse or keyboard it respond. The clock still changes however which us kinda strange....
General Support
Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout
Windows 10 upgraded my computer today. The problem I am having right now that I am stuck on choose keyboard layout auto repair screen. My keyboard works but when light goes out on keyboard and mouse I am not able to actively select any layout. Does...
Installation and Setup
Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7
After installing windows 10, I'm unable to use my keyboard and mouse after the logo screen in windows 7. Everything works fine in the BIOS, but as so as that loading screen for Windows 7 comes up, the lights on the keyboard go off, and I cant use...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums