New Intel Ethernet Drivers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.471
       3 Weeks Ago #11

    Cr00zng said: View Post
    Here are the details:
    It's a different NIC and driver, but the date is old...
    TIA...
    The installed driver for your specific NIC it is part of the latest driver package and the driver date for it is correct.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (7).png 
Views:	3 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	213271
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #12

    Polo6RGTI said: View Post
    The installed driver for your specific NIC it is part of the latest driver package and the driver date for it is correct.
    Thanks Polo...

    I did run the setup without unzipping the files, that installed this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intel network connection.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	213278

    This software can be removed and just either don't remove the driver, or just install only the driver afterward, correct?
    TIA...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.471
       3 Weeks Ago #13

    Cr00zng said: View Post
    Thanks Polo...

    I did run the setup without unzipping the files, that installed this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intel network connection.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	213278

    This software can be removed and just either don't remove the driver, or just install only the driver afterward, correct?
    TIA...
    That is just the uninstaller with the relevant package information, when you run it it will uninstall the drivers. When I extract the drivers I only keep the driver folder that is applicable for the relevant hardware and then just delete the rest of the folders.

    I have never had any issues by installing just the drivers via Device Manager. The installation footprint is also much smaller.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8).png 
Views:	36 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	214034
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    3 Weeks Ago #14

    Removing the Intel Network Connection also removes the driver for the NIC. Didn't Windows use to give an option to keep the driver?

    Windows detected the NIC and the MS driver used is "e1i63x64.sys", dated as 09.15.2018, no other drivers used. That's more up to date than Intel's...

    Tested the performance of the MS driver and it performs as well, if not better, than the Intel driver:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ms nic driver.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	214792

    With the Intel driver, the transfer rate was fluctuating most of the times, but not with the MS driver. For the time being, I'll keep the MS driver and address it, if and when there are issues.

    Thanks for your help....
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.471
       3 Days Ago #15

    New Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 UWP
    Version: 23.5 (Latest) Date: 12/6/2018

    What's New

    • Support for Microsoft Windows® 10 1809.
    • Support for Microsoft* Windows Server* 2019
    • Support for Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility on Microsoft Windows Server* 2019 and Microsoft Windows® 10 1809
    • Universal Windows Driver (UWD)
    • Advanced Network Services (ANS) Support on Microsoft Windows 10 1809 and Microsoft Windows Server 2019 using Intel PowerShell IntelNetcmdlets


    Download Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

    Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    2 Days Ago #16

    Polo6RGTI said: View Post
    New Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 UWP
    Version: 23.5 (Latest) Date: 12/6/2018

    What's New

    • Support for Microsoft Windows® 10 1809.
    • Support for Microsoft* Windows Server* 2019
    • Support for Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility on Microsoft Windows Server* 2019 and Microsoft Windows® 10 1809
    • Universal Windows Driver (UWD)
    • Advanced Network Services (ANS) Support on Microsoft Windows 10 1809 and Microsoft Windows Server 2019 using Intel PowerShell IntelNetcmdlets


    Download Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

    Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10
    Thanks dude.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    2 Days Ago #17

    @Polo6RGTI: thanks for sharing the links to the new drivers and UWP configuration utility. Much more informative and easier to use than previous Intel tools, I'm very pleased to observe. New drivers seem a little faster, too. Much-appreciated.
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.471
       2 Days Ago #18

    EdTittel said: View Post
    @Polo6RGTI: thanks for sharing the links to the new drivers and UWP configuration utility. Much more informative and easier to use than previous Intel tools, I'm very pleased to observe. New drivers seem a little faster, too. Much-appreciated.
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Our IT department failed to set up my new laptop for a physical LAN connection. I have administrative rights because, all laptops at our institution are provided with these privileges. Can anyone help me set up this adapter? I need to accomplish...
Solved Intel I218V onboard Ethernet problem in Network and Sharing
Hello all. Straight to the point. Ethernet wired connection stopped working. It was fine last time used, next time started up, no internet connection. Here's a screen dump of the device manager. 71002 Attempted installing up to date driver...
Intel drivers in Drivers and Hardware
After trying to figure it out as to why my laptop kept freezing, I came to a conclusion that Windows is too bugged/Intel drivers are corrupt/bugged. Essentially, a few months ago, I "solved" my computer's freezing bug, where I couldn't use my...
I am installing new drivers after an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I have 2 separate issues. The page I am using for drivers is here: MSI Global And I am following the suggested order. 1) When I began setup for the Intel VGA...
Intel GMA Drivers in Drivers and Hardware
Hi all, Is anyone else (or everyone else) have an issue with dual-monitor setups as far as resolutions are concerned? I am an AV engineer and programmer and I had my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro hooked up to a Crestron DigitalMedia video system, which is...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44.
Find Us