My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse


  1. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro N x64
       #1

    My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse


    XPS 15 9560. Windows 10 Pro, 1803. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse bluetooth mouse.
    Said mouse just stopped working some 2 weeks ago. Troubleshooting begins. I try the mouse on 2 different Windows machines, it pairs and connects immediatelly. Mouse is fine.

    I try to remove and re-pair the mouse on my laptop, no go, says remove failed. Hmmm....something messed up with Bluetooth drivers probably. But my other bluetooth devices work just fine(Galaxy S8 and Logitech Bluetooth Stereo adapter). I proceed on a week long cycle on installing and reinstalling wireless and bluetooth drivers. Uninstalling via device manager, uninstalling hidden devices, etc. No go. I see the mouse in settings but it can not pair. Swap out the batteries, pray to all deities, nothing. It.Will.Not.Pair.

    Run all possible (useless) Windows troubleshooters, nothing. Run SFC Scan, DISM Restorehealth, nothing wrong with Windows.

    I finally succumb to the fact it MUST be that botchy Killer 1535 wireless card with Qualcom bluetooth on it which plagues the latest XPS devices(even though the mouse worked with it for almost a year). I order a new Intel AC 9260 and swap it out. Wifi works beautifully, bluetooth immediatelly sees and connects to all my devices except Microsoft bluetooth mouse. I'm losing my mind. I take the mouse to my work and it immediately pairs to said PC. What the freaking hell. Just for kicks I try and connect the mouse to my phone(Galaxy S8), which I didn't even know it was possible, the mouse connects without a hitch. It connects to everything EXCEPT my home laptop which I use it for.

    PLEASE, anybody, please help me. I can not bear a fresh Windows install because of this. But I need my mouse. Any ideas welcome. It's a Microsoft mouse, it's Microsoft software. What gives.


    TL;DR, my bluetooth mouse connects to all devices except my laptop.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,277
    Windows 10
       #2

    the only thing i could think of is that you paired that mouse with another device so it erased pairing credentials from its side and is unable to identify your laptop again , on the other hand your laptop may still be carrying the old pairing credentials , in such case you need to navigate to Control Panel > Devices and Printers , find the mouse and remove it then start the pairing procedure again .

    And you may well do that each time you pair the mouse with a different device . I think Microsoft sees pairing like marriage and does not deal with cheating litely unlike google .
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro N x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    nIGHTmAYOR said:
    the only thing i could think of is that you paired that mouse with another device so it erased pairing credentials from its side and is unable to identify your laptop again , on the other hand your laptop may still be carrying the old pairing credentials , in such case you need to navigate to Control Panel > Devices and Printers , find the mouse and remove it then start the pairing procedure again .

    And you may well do that each time you pair the mouse with a different device . I think Microsoft sees pairing like marriage and does not deal with cheating litely unlike google .
    The mouse stopped working for no reason, I did not pair it on some other device before it stopped working, I only use that mouse on my laptop, and I only tried it on other devices after the fact and to test whether it was a mouse problem. Removing the mouse through devices and printers gives me again a remove failed error.

    This is most likely something getting whacked in the regitstry but I'm not savy enough to mess with that. Clean install is on the agenda I suppose.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,277
    Windows 10
       #4

    ok try Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices , then expand "Bluetooth" devices and then uninstall it from there if you get to find it or expand "Human Interface Devices" or Mice and Other Pointing Devices" if not , make sure to tick delete so it will not come back , unplug from the internet too so it will not update , also check to see if there are residuals in "Add / Remove Programs" in control panel . If such methods fail try repeating them in safe mode .
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro N x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    nIGHTmAYOR said:
    ok try Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices , then expand "Bluetooth" devices and then uninstall it from there if you get to find it or expand "Human Interface Devices" or Mice and Other Pointing Devices" if not , make sure to tick delete so it will not come back , unplug from the internet too so it will not update , also check to see if there are residuals in "Add / Remove Programs" in control panel . If such methods fail try repeating them in safe mode .
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I tried all of that multiple times, nothing worked. In the end I reset my PC and everything is fine now. Funny when you look at it; I spent DAYS troubleshooting and trying to fix the issue whereas I spent a couple of hours to do a clean install and fix everything. It was not as painful as I thought it would be.

    Thank you for trying to help though, appreciate it.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,277
    Windows 10
       #6

    vlatko said:
    I spent DAYS troubleshooting and trying to fix the issue whereas I spent a couple of hours to do a clean install and fix everything. It was not as painful as I thought it would be.
    it would take me days getting my system back to a state like current. Reset is not an option for all, i still think your issue is a driver/pairing issue, maybe next time just delete bluetooth driver, its what remained.
      My Computer



 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums