How to use Fingerprint on Lenovo Carbon X1 20BT

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

  1. Posts : 322
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #41

    Caledon Ken said:
    So more thoughts.

    If you create a Kyhi's recovery disk and boot from that. Then click on start, type device manager and click it when it appears in list.

    You should see a heading "Other devices", with a question mark, expand that section.

    Do you see Fingerprint Scanner in list?

    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

    Just did that with one of my devices and it was listed. Hoping this will tell us under the right situation Windows can see device.

    I would use this one.

    Attachment 209099


    Ken
    Do you see Fingerprint Scanner in list? No

    Downloading this

    Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116
      My Computer

  2. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,250
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #42

    I going with Ed then. This fingerprint reader appears dead.

    It probably isn't but the way Lenovo has implemented it appears dead.

    You likely had a long list under Other Devices, did they each have a description or were any totally unknown?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 322
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #43

    Caledon Ken said:
    I going with Ed then. This fingerprint reader appears dead.

    It probably isn't but the way Lenovo has implemented it appears dead.

    You likely had a long list under Other Devices, did they each have a description or were any totally unknown?
    How to use Fingerprint on Lenovo Carbon X1 20BT-vb.png
      My Computer

  4. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,250
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #44

    If you run DriverStore and post a screen shot of your third party drivers.

    What synaptic drivers do you have installed?


    As well can you go back into BIOS and reset Fingerprint data. Do you get an error?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 322
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #45

    Caledon Ken said:
    If you run DriverStore and post a screen shot of your third party drivers.

    What synaptic drivers do you have installed? Where I can check that ?


    As well can you go back into BIOS and reset Fingerprint data. Do you get an error?
    I did reset and there is no DATA!
      My Computer

  6. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,250
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #46

    That is good. I was reading if you get error system can't see fingerprint reader.

    So lets post a screen shot of your third party drivers.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 322
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #47

    Caledon Ken said:
    That is good. I was reading if you get error system can't see fingerprint reader.

    So lets post a screen shot of your third party drivers.
    Name it.
      My Computer

  8. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,250
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #48

    if you download DriverStore, several post back and run Rapr it should show all in concise screen shot.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 322
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #49

    Caledon Ken said:
    if you download DriverStore, several post back and run Rapr it should show all in concise screen shot.
    How to use Fingerprint on Lenovo Carbon X1 20BT-1a.png
      My Computer

  10. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,250
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #50

    Well you have two Biometric devices drivers installed. Top two. Could you delete those.

    Then I would restart computer and see if Windows installs a driver. You can check with DriverStore.

    I went and read the threads again. They point to drivers in the series you are using. They do mention it being a fix to 1803.

    Not saying it is wrong, just asking.... You are on 1709. is there a reason you are not moving forward with 1803?
      My Computer


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums