Windows 10: Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    17 Jun 2018 #1

    Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output


    my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound

    the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected" bit to play

    i am able to play my voice via mic through my analog sound card
    i have reinstalled the generic USB sound drivers they use
    i have tried setting the default device to both S/PDIF and USB sound
    i have tried pairing and unpairing the headset
    i have tried switching USB ports.
    i have turned off all enhancements and surround sound
    i have rebooted after all of these attempts

    nothing, complete silence at any volume setting.

    windows forcibly updated my computer the day this issue occurred so that may have something do with it.

    is there anything i can do to fix this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 10,637
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       17 Jun 2018 #2

    Hi nitro101, Welcome to the TenForums @nitro101

    Please check your settings under

    Start > Settings > System > Sounds > very bottom righthand side of page.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Jun 2018 #3

    nitro101 said: View Post
    my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound

    i have tried setting the default device to both S/PDIF and USB sound

    the settings are set to the proper device
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 10,637
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       18 Jun 2018 #4

    So by proper device you see your headset listed?

    If you enter the old Control Panel and start "Sound" does your headset show as a device. If you click on it, then configure do you get any sound out of the "Test" button.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Jun 2018 #5

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    So by proper device you see your headset listed?

    If you enter the old Control Panel and start "Sound" does your headset show as a device. If you click on it, then configure do you get any sound out of the "Test" button.
    no sound from the test button, i see the bars light up when it plays but still silence.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 10,637
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       18 Jun 2018 #6

    Just asking, looks like you have two volume controls, no chance one got bumped.

    Also says there is a switch on adapter that must be set to PC.

    Likely both of these are set as you said it was working and stopped after an update. Do you know if it was the Feature update V1803.

    If so it would have also updated drivers and in reviewing your list you didn't mention anything about Bluetooth drivers. I'm wondering if the issue isn't within the Bluetooth device. I read that your MIC is working. Maybe an older bluetooth driver.


    Edit: Would also try the Bluetooth trouble shooter, can't hurt. Start > Settings > Update and security > Troubleshoot
    Last edited by Caledon Ken; 18 Jun 2018 at 11:32.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Jun 2018 #7

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Just asking, looks like you have two volume controls, no chance one got bumped.

    Also says there is a switch on adapter that must be set to PC.

    Likely both of these are set as you said it was working and stopped after an update. Do you know if it was the Feature update V1803.

    If so it would have also updated drivers and in reviewing your list you didn't mention anything about Bluetooth drivers. I'm wondering if the issue isn't within the Bluetooth device. I read that your MIC is working. Maybe an older bluetooth driver.


    Edit: Would also try the Bluetooth trouble shooter, can't hurt. Start > Settings > Update and security > Troubleshoot
    i do not see the switch you speak of, only the pairing button (i have the pc only version, not the ps4/xbox one). the headset appears to be a standard 2.4 Ghz connection instead of bluetooth which may be why it only works with the USB hub. also i do not have any bluetooth drivers installed at all because i have no devices that use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Jun 2018 #8

    feature update 1803 was the last update i got before it stopped working so it may be the cause.

    bluetooth troubleshooter responded with "no bluetooth devices found" so i highly doubt that's the issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 10,637
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       19 Jun 2018 #9

    Sorry, I thought you had bluetooth as you mentioned pairing and unpairing the device. Yes if no bluetooth then troubleshooter is not going to find issue.

    Could you post your version of this screen shot.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	192807

    Are any of your devices in device manager reporting an issue? (with an exclamation mark)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    20 Jun 2018 #10

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Sorry, I thought you had bluetooth as you mentioned pairing and unpairing the device. Yes if no bluetooth then troubleshooter is not going to find issue.

    Could you post your version of this screen shot.



    Are any of your devices in device manager reporting an issue? (with an exclamation mark)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	192929

    no exclamation marks in device manager at all. i am forever cursed with obscure pc issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I have plantronics headset that works on a laptop OS win 10 64bit. But it doesn't work on my desktop PC OS won 10 64bit. downloaded and installed the latest drivers. It's a plantronics legend UC headset on the audio device manager there are no...
I recently installed an SSD to my computer, and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. After doing the driver updates for all the various components, I've run into an odd problem with my headphones that has never happened before. When I turn on...
Sound Output Changes Randomly in Drivers and Hardware
Hi all. I am using Nvidia HDA as my sound system with my screens, recently the new patch (March 1st) for windows solved my screens from blacking out, however, when I switch on, the sound changes to the other screen. (Seems to be once every day) ...
Since upgrading to Windows 10, 64-bit, I have no audio on the headset. Also, speakers are not muted when headset is plugged in. Headset checks out O.K. on sound test. HP Pavillion 500-249 Desktop.
Sound output made easier! in Drivers and Hardware
Hi guys; shouldn't be there by now a easier sound switch to switch between PC sound and output to HDMI?

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37.
Find Us