Windows 10: DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Jun 2018 #81

    Hi Bree

    Tried the following as suggested, but came up with same error message.

    'bcdedit /delete {badmemory} /f
    bcdedit /create {badmemory}'

    I've just created a Bootable ISON Kyhi rescue disk. Any suggestions on proceeding with Kyhi rescue disk?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,578
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       08 Jun 2018 #82

    rebel1 said: View Post
    I've just created a Bootable ISON Kyhi rescue disk. Any suggestions on proceeding with Kyhi rescue disk?
    Only to follow @NavyLCDR's suggestion to use the boot repair option in the 'Macrium Reflect PE'. I have little/no experience to fall back on as I've (fotunately) not had to repair boot problems myself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    08 Jun 2018 #83

    Bree said: View Post
    Only to follow @NavyLCDR's suggestion to use the boot repair option in the 'Macrium Reflect PE'. I have little/no experience to fall back on as I've (fotunately) not had to repair boot problems myself.
    The Rescue disc won't boot. I've changed the priorities in F2 so it boots from the DVD Drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,578
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       08 Jun 2018 #84

    rebel1 said: View Post
    The Rescue disc won't boot. I've changed the priorities in F2 so it boots from the DVD Drive.
    It can be tricky getting some UEFI systems to boot from a usb. Often, the usb needs to be plugged in before you can see it in the bios as a boot device (often listed twice, once as a legacy boot and again as a UEFI boot). You may also need to disable 'secure boot'. Asus' guidance is here...
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008277/
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    08 Jun 2018 #85

    Bree said: View Post
    It can be tricky getting some UEFI systems to boot from a usb. Often, the usb needs to be plugged in before you can see it in the bios as a boot device (often listed twice, once as a legacy boot and again as a UEFI boot). You may also need to disable 'secure boot'. Asus' guidance is here...
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008277/
    I'm not using a USB Stick, using a DVD. I've just been reading this the following:-

    Can't Boot from Win 10 Rescue Disk - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

    How to boot the system from the USB disk or the CD-ROM drive? | Official Support | ASUS Global
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,578
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       08 Jun 2018 #86

    The usb made as described earlier should be bootable as both legacy and uefi. Your second link is the same as the one I gave in post #84. It should enable you to boot from the usb. Make sure you plug it in first so it appears in the list of available boot options.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    08 Jun 2018 #87

    I'm getting the following:-

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-code-0xc0000017.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	191568
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Jun 2018 #88

    O.K. so forget the DVD ISO Rescue Disk; get a USB stick, make a USB ISO Rescue Disk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    08 Jun 2018 #89

    Bree said: View Post
    The usb made as described earlier should be bootable as both legacy and uefi. Your second link is the same as the one I gave in post #84. It should enable you to boot from the usb. Make sure you plug it in first so it appears in the list of available boot options.
    Sorry a bit on auto-pilot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,578
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       08 Jun 2018 #90

    rebel1 said: View Post
    Sorry a bit on auto-pilot.
    With your health concerns I'm not surprised.
    Sounds like you need to take a break and come back to this refreshed
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Installation & Upgrade DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk in Tutorials
Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: Well, a few days ago Tony sent a PM telling what he wants to do: Dual boot...
Hi all, I have a problem and hope you guys and girls can help. I have a 2TB Western Digital drive. It somehow got corrupted and I am now trying to resolve the issue. easeUS data recovery wizard is already running for almost 24 hours and only did...
I was trying to install linux on my UEFI mode windows 10 laptop couple days ago, unfortunately there's something went wrong during the installation process, the grub directly wrote data in my win10 system boot partition. Luckily I saved my data and...
Hello Forum! I hope I can find a guru here, who can explain the "interesting" phenomena of different partition types (in disk manager it's actually listed in the "status" column) being displayed by disk manager vs diskpart. The setup: disk0...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33.
Find Us