Windows 10: In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    31 Jul 2015 #1

    In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type.


    Okay so I had this problem in windows 8.1 but fixed it by turning off smart sense which still has the same function in windows 10 but it did not work. I am looking so find solutions online because this problem is really annoying when it comes to games.. So if you have any suggestions please help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    31 Jul 2015 #2

    Do you know which touchpad hardware you have, example: Synaptics, Elantech, etc...?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Jul 2015 #3

    Nemix said: View Post
    Do you know which touchpad hardware you have, example: Synaptics, Elantech, etc...?
    Yes I use synaptics.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Jul 2015 #4

    You could try completely uninstalling the Touchpad drivers through Windows Control Panel first then reboot then system.

    Afterwards, you could try following the instructions to install a newer Touchpad driver found here: Scrolling on mouse pad doesn't work with Windows 10 update - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    01 Aug 2015 #5

    Nemix said: View Post
    You could try completely uninstalling the Touchpad drivers through Windows Control Panel first then reboot then system.

    Afterwards, you could try following the instructions to install a newer Touchpad driver found here: Scrolling on mouse pad doesn't work with Windows 10 update - Windows 10 Forums
    When I am trying to set it all up it says synaptics device not found?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Aug 2015 #6

    Perhaps maybe your Touchpad hardware is not Synaptics, what's the brand and model of your laptop?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Aug 2015 #7

    Nemix said: View Post
    Perhaps maybe your Touchpad hardware is not Synaptics, what's the brand and model of your laptop?
    HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p100dx (ENERGY STAR)

    Model #: J9H84UA

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    01 Aug 2015 #8

    Try these drivers: Synaptics/Dell TouchPad Drivers Version 19.0.9.4

    Download, unpack, install and reboot.

    Synaptics Touchpad settings: http://www.thewindowsplanet.com/1014...-windows-7.htm
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    01 Aug 2015 #9

    Nemix said: View Post
    Try these drivers: Synaptics/Dell TouchPad Drivers Version 19.0.9.4

    Download, unpack, install and reboot.

    Synaptics Touchpad settings: http://www.thewindowsplanet.com/1014...-windows-7.htm
    Okay downloaded the driver and and it was fully installed so I proceeded to turn off smart sense but it did nothing.
    Last edited by Joe2506; 01 Aug 2015 at 17:04.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    02 Aug 2015 #10

    Joe2506 said: View Post
    Okay so I had this problem in windows 8.1 but fixed it by turning off smart sense which still has the same function in windows 10 but it did not work. I am looking so find solutions online because this problem is really annoying when it comes to games.. So if you have any suggestions please help!

    I have had the same problem once updating my dell laptop to windows 10 with the touchpad synaptics driver. I have fixed the issue through control panel > mouse > settings on driver > pointing > sensitivity > touch check > reducing the slider to a minimum setting. It is an annoying fix but i guess it will have to do until related bugs are ironed out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
User Accounts Change Account Type in Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Change Account Type of Users in Windows 10 When you set up Windows, you were required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to set up your PC and install any apps that you would like to use....
I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing ...
I'm currently using Windows 7 and am excited about the roll out of Windows 10. I skipped Windows 8 because of all the bad reviews. I will be keeping my Windows 7 computer (which is flawless) and buying a brand new machine with Windows 10 as soon...
How to Determine if Running 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Architecture of Windows 10 The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system...
Hi there "Back to the future". Bog standard Ms USB mouse doesn't work properly in W10 build 9879 VM after latest Windows updates applied (Ok on earlier releases). VMware tools etc all installed -- no difference. The Toolbar only works when the...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:31.
Find Us