Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    31 Jul 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    DVD drive was working under Win7, completely disappeared after inst 10


    This issue is as simple as the subject line. My DVD drive was working fine under Windows 7. In fact I even installed 10 from a burned DVD. Now it is completely MIA. No exclamation-marked devices on device manager or anything. I did try a couple solutions that were supposed to work on a similar problem on 8, namely registry changes, but they did no good. I can't even find mention of this being a Windows 10 problem anywhere.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 Jul 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by lucentv View Post
    This issue is as simple as the subject line. My DVD drive was working fine under Windows 7. In fact I even installed 10 from a burned DVD. Now it is completely MIA. No exclamation-marked devices on device manager or anything. I did try a couple solutions that were supposed to work on a similar problem on 8, namely registry changes, but they did no good. I can't even find mention of this being a Windows 10 problem anywhere.

    I am experiencing the same exact thing but with no working fixes as you have mentioned. Could we be the only 2 people this has happened to? Question, does your drive show up in bios? Mine does
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Jul 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by FR33Z3 View Post
    I am experiencing the same exact thing but with no working fixes as you have mentioned. Could we be the only 2 people this has happened to? Question, does your drive show up in bios? Mine does
    I finally got it working. What's weird is that I really did try this Win8 trick 2 times before.

    Right click the start button and open an admin command prompt and paste this in, then reboot;
    reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

    Mind you it did take about 3 times to work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Jul 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10

    very nice! glad you got it working! I have a few extra sata connections on my Motherboard so I decided to give it a shot by changing to another empty slot and VIOLA!! it works!!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by lucentv View Post
    I finally got it working. What's weird is that I really did try this Win8 trick 2 times before.

    Right click the start button and open an admin command prompt and paste this in, then reboot;
    reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

    Mind you it did take about 3 times to work.
    Thanks so much for that , worked first time . Cheers !
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    01 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Phoenix, AZ, US
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 & Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

    Thanks for this! You not the only folks dealing with this problem.

    I've been having the missing DVD drive issue ever since Win 10 was installed. I'm going to give this a try and see what happens.

    Well, gave that fix a shot and nothing so far. The DVD drive is still MIA in Windows . . . but it works fine in Ubuntu 14.04.
    Last edited by Gryphon; 01 Aug 2015 at 20:55.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    windows 10

    I am having the same issue, CD loads but no files. I tried the fix 4 times and it still does not work. any ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 31
    Win 10 x64 Pro

    I had this issue with my upgrade from 7 to 10

    The fix for me was relatively simple, I moved the SATA connector in MB to another one, and rebooted. Problem fixed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 25
    Win 10

    Reg hack worked for me.
    <rant>We created Plug n Play back around 1995. Not sure what we did in 2015 to break it.</rant>
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bobc4d View Post
    I am having the same issue, CD loads but no files. I tried the fix 4 times and it still does not work. any ideas?
    I tried it 3 times, but I neglected to open the "Command Prompt (Admin)." I just opened the "Command Prompt."
    GDaddyo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared
I have a weird problem, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and now for some reason, the Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared so I'm not able to get any alerts when it's ready to install. Any help?
General Support
Reserved Win10; yesterday sys tray icon disappeared
I reserved Windows 10 on or about July 20th, when the little GWX icon showed up in my system tray. I changed the email address on my Microsoft account last week. I hope this does not matter... I can still get mail at that address for another...
Windows Updates and Activation
Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10
I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections. The only option is to connect via ethanet which unfortunately my Lenovo Yoga cannot do. I...
Drivers and Hardware
Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive
Hello i updated to this build ( which is really stable BTW). I tried to mount an iso but it didnt mount. Then tried with daemon tools but still no luck. I went to device manager and it shows a yellow caution mark beside my dvd drive and the...
Drivers and Hardware
mSSD Acceleration cache drive not working as intended?
ok so i just upgraded to windows 10 and i love it so far, but one small thing my mSSD cache drive dosent seem to be working well. its installed and the drivers and bios are setup, and the drive says it's accelerated but not having a effect on my...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums