Windows 10: Windows 10-64 audio stuttering and blips Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 64 bit
       20 Feb 2018 #1

    Windows 10-64 audio stuttering and blips


    Hello,
    I am having a little problem with my audio. It stutters and blips. I have tried everything that I can think of to get it working correctly.
    Setup: Behringer UMC404HD interface and Klipsch speakers with subwoofer.

    ---> I have tried to resolve the problem in the following ways with no success:
    >Removed the UMC from the equation
    >Removed the speakers from the equation and used headphones
    >Deleted all audio drivers and let Windows reinstall them.
    >Deleted UMC Driver and manually installed the latest driver
    >Removed all sound effects in the playback devices
    >Tried every audio setting from 16 bit 44100 cd quality to 24 192000 studio quality
    >Tried mono, stereo, 5.1


    I don't know what else to try. I would appreciate some help.

    Thanks everyone
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Feb 2018 #2

    I have a recording studio. (MOTU 896 Mk3 Hybrid and Sonar).
    Behringer isn't known for great drivers. (I'm not knocking Behringer quality, I have a Behringer X-Touch control surface and a Behringer 8 channel headphone amp and both work great).

    Although it may work for what you want, its not really designed to be the PC's "sound card".

    But, run the free Resplendence Latency Mon, may point to the problem.
    http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       20 Feb 2018 #3

    fireberd said: View Post
    I have a recording studio. (MOTU 896 Mk3 Hybrid and Sonar).
    Behringer isn't known for great drivers. (I'm not knocking Behringer quality, I have a Behringer X-Touch control surface and a Behringer 8 channel headphone amp and both work great).

    Although it may work for what you want, its not really designed to be the PC's "sound card".

    But, run the free Resplendence Latency Mon, may point to the problem.
    http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
    Thank you fireberd.
    It says that I am likely experiencing buffer under-runs. It says that one or more DPC routines that belongs to a driver in my system appears to be executing for too long. One problem was network related, but that doesn't seem to be the issue because I am playing files that are on my hard drive along with files accessed over the web. It also advised that one problem may be power related. Suggested disabling throttling settings and a BIOS update.. The BIOS update is something I have never done before.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Feb 2018 #4

    I had a similar issue with Realtek drivers, the stuttering was gone when I disabled "Fast Startup" on Windows 10. To do so, I disabled hibernation completely as I don't use this feature. You can disable only Fast Startup by going in Windows Power Management.

    I used "powercfg -h off" on CMD with admin rights and restarted my computer.

    You can try this, if it doesn't work just enable it again with "powercfg -h on"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       20 Feb 2018 #5

    Warkratos said: View Post
    I had a similar issue with Realtek drivers, the stuttering was gone when I disabled "Fast Startup" on Windows 10. To do so, I disabled hibernation completely as I don't use this feature. You can disable only Fast Startup by going in Windows Power Management.

    I used "powercfg -h off" on CMD with admin rights and restarted my computer.

    You can try this, if it doesn't work just enable it again with "powercfg -h on"
    Thanks Warkratos. I tried that, and I still have stutters. I think I'll just leave that function off since I do not use it either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       21 Feb 2018 #6

    Update: I have completely removed the behringer and all drivers for it to isolate the problem. I will add it back in once I get the problem pinned down. Currently, there is a realtek driver for audio. My motherboard is an MSI z170a. Additionally, there is an audio driver from Nvidia that comes back everytime I uninstall it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Feb 2018 #7

    Okieslims said: View Post
    Update: I have completely removed the behringer and all drivers for it to isolate the problem. I will add it back in once I get the problem pinned down. Currently, there is a realtek driver for audio. My motherboard is an MSI z170a. Additionally, there is an audio driver from Nvidia that comes back everytime I uninstall it.
    When uninstalling drivers disconnect from the internet to avoid Windows from installing drivers automatically.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       21 Feb 2018 #8

    BKnight said: View Post
    When uninstalling drivers disconnect from the internet to avoid Windows from installing drivers automatically.
    I took the pc offline as you said, and I figured I would just play a local file while it was offline..... no stutters! I ran the latency monitor, and everything was perfect... So the problem is associated with being connected to the internet. I recently moved and am on a new network. I don't know why that would impact locally stored audio, but it does.

    I use a wireless card on my pc
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Feb 2018 #9

    Wi-Fi is a known cause of your problem. Best to connect "wired" if at all possible.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       21 Feb 2018 #10

    I will get my own service then. The people I rent from offer free internet service to their 3 rent houses. Ill just get my own.

    I am curious as to why wifi has an impact on a local file. Very confusing to me.

    Thanks everyone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I currently own a lenovo ideapad 310 15isk laptop with a conexant smartaudio hd sound driver. Anytime I use the computer, the video and audio stutters. I have had this issue for the past month now. At first i thought it was my sound driver, but the...
I was running most games on my PC at High to Ultra pre Win 10 AU with stable FPS(mostly). I have got 4GB RAM, 2GB GTX 960 STRIX, 1TB HDD, i3. Not the ideal I know but I used to get 40+ FPS on most games almost always. Then comes the Anniversary...
Audio stuttering in Drivers and Hardware
I could solve my audio stuttering setting the Minimal processor state at 100% in power options. 123724 Since I don't think this is a proper solution I would like to hear some ideas about how can I solve this without keeping my processor at...
i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede
Solved Audio Stuttering after Upgrade in Drivers and Hardware
Today, I upgraded my Toshiba Laptop to Windows 10, it was previously windows 8 but the computer was windows 7 default. My sound was working fine until I installed Windows 10..I upgraded to Win10 and I played a youtube video and I hear choppy glitchy...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.
Find Us