Windows 10: How to solve "digitally signed driver is required"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #1

    How to solve "digitally signed driver is required"


    Hello everyone.

    Recently I kept getting this popup saying *A digitally signed driver is required*

    How do I find out what program is using this unsigned driver to remove this popup?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #2

    Any warnings in Device Manager ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    3 Weeks Ago #3

    CountMike said: View Post
    Any warnings in Device Manager ?
    Thank you for the reply.

    I don't see any errors on there, nor any yellow triangles with exclamation mark inside
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    3 Weeks Ago #4

    Standard W10 settings do not allow unsigned drivers so that must be some program misrepresenting. If it doesn't happen with particular program, try turning off programs from Startup and see if and which one stops it from appearing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    3 Weeks Ago #5

    CountMike said: View Post
    Standard W10 settings do not allow unsigned drivers so that must be some program misrepresenting. If it doesn't happen with particular program, try turning off programs from Startup and see if and which one stops it from appearing.
    Thank you, will try this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    3 Weeks Ago #6

    On Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft has included a feature, driver signature enforcement feature that is designed to ensure that users of 64-bit versions of Windows require that you install digitally signed drivers.

    Digitally signed drivers come with an electronic fingerprint that guaranties that the driver was created by the hardware manufacturer and that it hasn’t been modified since it was created.

    If your drivers aren’t digitally signed you won’t be able to install them at all which means that you won’t be able to use the hardware that is associated with them.

    To install less-than-official drivers or old unsigned drivers, you’ll need to disable driver signature enforcement.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 741
    macOS High Sierra
       3 Weeks Ago #7

    Not sure if @Brink has a tutorial for disabling driver signature enforcement, so this may help instead:
    Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 10 Easily! - Driver Easy

    Before doing that, try this to check your drivers - it may highlight the problematical one:
    Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows Hardware Drivers Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 27,205
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17604
       3 Weeks Ago #8

    Golden said: View Post
    Not sure if @Brink has a tutorial for disabling driver signature enforcement, so this may help instead:
    Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 10 Easily! - Driver Easy
    Hello @Golden,

    Here you go:

    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    3 Weeks Ago #9

    Definitely identify the offending program before disabling driver signature enforcement.

    Doesn't the pop-up tell you what driver it's complaining about? That could give us some clue on what program it is.

    From some random screenshot I found online:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	174664
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    1 Week Ago #10

    PolarNettles said: View Post
    Definitely identify the offending program before disabling driver signature enforcement.

    Doesn't the pop-up tell you what driver it's complaining about? That could give us some clue on what program it is.

    From some random screenshot I found online:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	174664
    This is what I am getting.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverbed.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	176767
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
How to Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows To help maintain the integrity of your system, critical files have been digitally signed so that any changes to these files can be quickly detected. Unsigned drivers...
downloaded samsung magician and installed it. it started up and apparently i need some sort of digitally signed driver now? "program compatibility assistant" "samsung magician application resource samsung india software operations windows...
Hi all, hoping this is the right subforum I built a HTPC a few years ago and it had suited my needs fine. Relevant parts used are: i3-3225 CPU, Scythe Big Shuriken 2 RevB, Asus P8-H77 Pro, 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 1600 RAM, Samsung 830...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30.
Find Us