Windows 10: Start Menu Custom Icons? Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    29 Jul 2015 #1

    Start Menu Custom Icons?


    Is it possible to swap out the default icon with custom one? I use to use a app called OblyTile within Windows 8 and would swap out my icons with custom ones. Is there anyway to do this in W10?
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BAC (3).png   F3AR 3.png   ATMR 5.png   Firefall 11.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Jul 2015 #2

    Right now there is now way to do this. The icons come from each program/software/app and unless you can change that you can't change the icon on the start menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Jul 2015 #3

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Right now there is now way to do this. The icons come from each program/software/app and unless you can change that you can't change the icon on the start menu.
    Hmmm. Thanks for the advance and the rapid response my friend.
    How do I go about changing the icon from each program/software/app?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jul 2015 #4

    BeK said: View Post
    Hmmm. Thanks for the advance and the rapid response my friend.
    How do I go about changing the icon from each program/software/app?
    I thought about that last night and unless you can de-compile the executable.. change the icon and recompile the program/app there is no way that I'm aware of.

    sorry
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,036
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       30 Jul 2015 #5

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I thought about that last night and unless you can de-compile the executable.. change the icon and recompile the program/app there is no way that I'm aware of.

    sorry
    Jeff
    You can use the resource hacker to change the icon in the executable. You should not have to de-compile the executable.
    Here's the link: Resource Hacker
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    30 Jul 2015 #6

    topgundcp said: View Post
    You can use the resource hacker to change the icon in the executable. You should not have to de-compile the executable.
    Here's the link: Resource Hacker
    Thanks.. Never knew about that.. I'll try it out today
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    30 Jul 2015 #7

    Start Menu Custom Icons?


    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Thanks.. Never knew about that.. I'll try it out today
    Please let me know how you make out.
    I checked out the URL and everything on that page looks confusing to me. :-/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    30 Jul 2015 #8

    BeK said: View Post
    Please let me know how you make out.
    It worked just fine for regular programs. I changed the ICON for Notepad2 with no issues. But I don't know if it will work for apps or not.

    Try it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jul 2015 #9

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    It worked just fine for regular programs. I changed the ICON for Notepad2 with no issues. But I don't know if it will work for apps or not.

    Try it out.
    When you say apps do you mean games?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    30 Jul 2015 #10

    BeK said: View Post
    When you say apps do you mean games?
    Apps from the Windows store.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1....
Has anybody figured out if it is finally possible to customize the "Universal Start Menu search" or replace the Bing Search by Google search or any other prefered online search engine? In Windows 8.1 that was sadly not possible and i assume it...
10061 Start Menu Icons in Software and Apps
Hi, Anyone else having this problem, since I upgraded to Windows 10061 the start menu icons don't work, apart from the ones included with Windows. Example - Photoshop CC 2014, VLC Media Player, Office 2013 don't work and yet some do like...
Hi, So I've been using Windows 10 for about a week, everything was positive, until today. I downloaded the OS a good few weeks before I installed it so I'm not sure how up-to-date it was, however it's just completely updated itself (I'm not sure...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:47.
Find Us