Windows 10: Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu


  1. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
       25 Jul 2015 #1

    Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu


    It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	280.4 KB 
ID:	25864
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       25 Jul 2015 #2

    wzor said: View Post
    It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)?
    Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose ......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startIcons.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	25865

    Tutorial: Start List - Add or Remove Folders in Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
    Thread Starter
       25 Jul 2015 #3

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose ......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startIcons.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	25865

    Tutorial: Start List - Add or Remove Folders in Windows 10
    Im sorry, but neither Power nor All Apps buttons can be hidden. All I want, is to make them appear only when pressing the hamburger menu, just as in the older builds. Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       25 Jul 2015 #4

    wzor said: View Post
    Im sorry, but neither Power nor All Apps buttons can be hidden. All I want, is to make them appear only when pressing the hamburger menu, just as in the older builds. Thanks.
    Yeah, I didn't look close enough at your image. You are correct.

    Sorry 'bout that chief!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
    Thread Starter
       26 Jul 2015 #5

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Yeah, I didn't look close enough at your image. You are correct.

    Sorry 'bout that chief!
    Hahaha. Thanks anyway!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu will store and display your recently opened apps. Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the most used apps list and the All...
I'm running the RTM on a netbook and have noticed that, unlike in Windows 7/8/8.1, I'm no longer able to hit Start and type in an executable. I have a bunch of portable apps that I typically type in and pull up. Now, the Start menu search pulls up...
Hi, I'm having an issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas on what to do about it. Some desktop apps are missing from the "All apps" section of the Start menu. Most programs are there, but I'd say 10-15% are missing. Apps that are...
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone that has more experience and knowledge on W10 presently could shed some light for me. :) Right now there are only a few items(apps) that you can remove, like XBOX (for people that don't have it), news,...
I just completed installing 9879 using Brink's instructions on how to do it over Win 7 to get all of my apps included without having to reinstall them! Thanks Brink. However I am left with one annoying situation. Wnen I press the Windows key,...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.
Find Us