Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Jul 2015 #21
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    windoows 10 Build 10166
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I think I see what you mean now, first get the system in order, then try patching. Another words, first clean the house, then move the furniture
    So, when DISM is finished, I should try to install UXStyles again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Jul 2015 #22
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,142
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Justdave View Post
    Running the command now...72%....
    That's actually 3 separate commands, each of which can take some time to accomplish...

    Make sure you reboot afterwards BEFORE you try re-installing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Jul 2015 #23
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    windoows 10 Build 10166
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    That's actually 3 separate commands, each of which can take some time to accomplish...

    Make sure you reboot afterwards BEFORE you try re-installing.
    DISM is now in verification phase. I am realing learning something new today!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Jul 2015 #24
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    windoows 10 Build 10166
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Justdave View Post
    DISM is now in verification phase. I am realing learning something new today!!
    I want to thank everyone for taking such an interest in solving my UXStyle problem. I ran the code that Cliff S gave me. Unfortunately, after about an hour, when it was finished and I rebooted, UXStyle still threw up the same error. If there are any other ideas, I'm all ears.

    JustDave
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Jul 2015 #25
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,134
    Windows 10 Professional

    Don't run as admin but pull UAC down and cut Smart Screen Filtering down a notch.
    (Maybe check to unblock the 'file', but I doubt it)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000003.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	24442

    Here's another nice theme: 'Licorice' for Windows 10
    http://link6155.deviantart.com/art/L...view-489354532

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000007.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	24443
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    14 Jul 2015 #26
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    windoows 10 Build 10166
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Don't run as admin but pull UAC down and cut Smart Screen Filtering down a notch.
    (Maybe check to unblock the 'file', but I doubt it)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000003.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	24442

    Here's another nice theme: 'Licorice' for Windows 10
    http://link6155.deviantart.com/art/L...view-489354532

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000007.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	24443
    Edwin,

    I really had hopes that your solution would work and allow me to run UXStyle but unfortunately it did not. I thought maybe Classic Shell was preventing me from running it so I exited out of Classic Shell and I still could not run it. Do you think I need to uninstall Classic Shell and try?

    JustDave
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 Jul 2015 #27
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,142
    Windows 10 Pro

    Just for kicks.. try renaming the exe... Microsoft sometimes puts blocks in on certain apps that they think are not compatible...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 Jul 2015 #28
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,134
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Justdave View Post
    Edwin,

    I really had hopes that your solution would work and allow me to run UXStyle but unfortunately it did not. I thought maybe Classic Shell was preventing me from running it so I exited out of Classic Shell and I still could not run it. Do you think I need to uninstall Classic Shell and try?

    JustDave
    Where did you download UXStyle from? From the authors site or somewhere else?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    14 Jul 2015 #29
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,134
    Windows 10 Professional

    Also, try running it from the Desktop, or somewhere other than C: drive.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    14 Jul 2015 #30
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    windoows 10 Build 10166
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Don't run as admin but pull UAC down and cut Smart Screen Filtering down a notch.
    (Maybe check to unblock the 'file', but I doubt it)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000003.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	24442

    Here's another nice theme: 'Licorice' for Windows 10
    http://link6155.deviantart.com/art/L...view-489354532

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000007.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	24443
    Edwin,

    This is getting crazy (in a fun way). I went into Add and Remove Programs to uninstall Classic Shell and I happen to see UXStyle as an already installed program!! It was version 0.2.3.0 So, I immediately tried to uninstall it so I could install v0.2.4.2. The Green splash screen came up. I hit "UNINSTALL' and I get the same error as when I tried to INstall it... "Uh, oh, something went wrong" and it would not uninstall. I am completely baffled, now. Any thought on this new development? Safe Mode maybe?

    JustDave
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved UXStyle version for Windows 10(TP)
I thought it would be a good idea to make an extra thread for new versions of UXStyle because a lot of you require a dark theme, and this way you can skin/theme your desktops. UxStyle is a bit of software that relaxes Windows theme signature...
Customization
What is the next build? 10166 runs too well
Seeking for the latest release? If 10176 is illegal then give me another release to test....
Installation and Upgrade
Build 10166. Taskbar bug? Help anyone?
Got a weird problem hope someone can help. I open up Battlenet launcher and it gives me a list of games. In my case it's World of Warcraft, Diablo 3 and Hearthstone. I click on WoW and the program icon goes to the taskbar showing that the...
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums