Windows 10: XP theme on windows 10

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Apr 2017 #11

    Cerawy said: View Post
    - I don't know, where do I check it?

    - same as above

    - Just tried it, didn't work.

    - Same as above.

    - I don' know what that is.
    What windows build are you using? use the WinKey +R and in run type in winver
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    01 Apr 2017 #12

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	themes.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	127669


    That theme will only work on the Win 10 Builds that are outlined in red.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Apr 2017 #13

    it says Im using build 14393.10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Apr 2017 #14

    Cerawy said: View Post
    it says Im using build 14393.10
    You may want to upgrade the latest release is 14393.970

    Cumulative Update KB4016635 for Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.970 - - Windows 10 Forums

    That is a direct download just open it and it will install.

    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4016635

    You also may want to look here for better themes

    Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Solved - Windows 10 Forums

    http://virtualcustoms.net/forum.php
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    01 Apr 2017 #15

    The problem is that everytime I update my computer windows screws it up and says its rolling back the updates and preventing me from getting access to my pc..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Apr 2017 #16

    Cerawy said: View Post
    The problem is that everytime I update my computer windows screws it up and says its rolling back the updates and preventing me from getting access to my pc..
    Well this will not be through Windows Update, it is a direct download and should work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Apr 2017 #17

    I just downloaded and installed the update and restarted my pc.. same problem.. i also see that there are various different download links on the website... and if i go into programs i have two different uxstyles installed.. the old one gives me an error message if i try to uninstall it..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    02 Apr 2017 #18

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I just downloaded and installed the update and restarted my pc.. same problem.. i also see that there are various different download links on the website... and if i go into programs i have two different uxstyles installed.. the old one gives me an error message if i try to uninstall it..
    You were supposed to remove the old one before installing the newer one. I would try to remove the new one first and then the old one. Just go to the default windows theme and then try to remove the uxstyles.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    02 Apr 2017 #19

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    You were supposed to remove the old one before installing the newer one. I would try to remove the new one first and then the old one. Just go to the default windows theme and then try to remove the uxstyles.
    I tried it already.. it gives me this error message that says your theme subsystem (e.g uxtheme.dll, themeui.dkk) has been tampered with. UxStyle requires these files be restored before you can continue. Check the forums if you need help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    02 Apr 2017 #20

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I tried it already.. it gives me this error message that says your theme subsystem (e.g uxtheme.dll, themeui.dkk) has been tampered with. UxStyle requires these files be restored before you can continue. Check the forums if you need help.
    Check in System32 whether your original themeui.dll, uxinit.dll and uxtheme.dll are in order.
    If they've been replaced by injection and renamed to .old or .bak, you may have to get rid of the replacements and restore the originals.
    Make SURE you're messin with the right ones! Or you may land in a bigger mess!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Customization Delete Theme in Windows 10 in Tutorials
    How to Delete Themes in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the desktop background, colors, sounds, screen saver, and pointers on your PC all at once, and you can change...
    Customization Save Theme in Windows 10 in Tutorials
    How to Save a Theme in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the desktop background, colors, sounds, screen saver, and pointers on your PC all at once, and you can change...
    Solved Windows 98 Theme in Customization
    Does anyone know how I could get the windows theme called Mystery I always liked that theme with the big house and the moon passing across the sky above the house the cat running across the yard and the owl in the tree out front .also would it run...
    Windows XP Theme in Customization
    Hello, I know it was possible back with Windows Vista/7 using third party software to modify the theme into Windows XP-like. I know the program UXStyles stopped being updated and therefore doesn't work anymore for 10. Is there anyway to make...
    Original Windows 10 Theme in Customization
    Hey Folks: I recall when the TP builds first appeared, a theme quite close to Windows 8.1 was used (with borderless windows and such). Is that theme still available for use with build 10240? I think that looked the best.
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03.
    Find Us