Old Volume Control

  1. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,821
    Windows 10
       #1

    Old Volume Control


    Those who may want the old volume control, in Windows 10, with Speakers and Mixer links:

    Old Volume Control-000047.png

    In the Windows Registry Editor, navigate to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

    and create a new sub-key under CurrentVersion named:

    MTCUVC

    then, right click in that key's right pane, create a new DWORD (32 bit) Value and name it:

    EnableMtcUvc

    and set the value to 0

    Old Volume Control-000048.png

    That's it!
    Last edited by Edwin; 07 Jul 2015 at 21:53.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 18
    XP/7/8.1/10 PRO 10586
       #2

    Haha, I like it, thats a nice find Edwin. Looks good. Nice trick.

    MS should have made a separate version of W10 for 8" tablets/phones and crAPPS.
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 57,930
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21390
       #3

    Great job Edwin. :)

    The DWORD should be EnableMtcUvc instead of EnableMtcVvc though. Here's a tutorial to help make it easier to do.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html
      My Computers

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,821
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Brink said:
    Great job Edwin. :)

    The DWORD should be EnableMtcUvc instead of EnableMtcVvc though. Here's a tutorial to help make it easier to do.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html
    Good goin Shawn! :)

    (Lemme fix my post anyway!)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 50
    windoows 10 Build 10166
       #5

    Edwin said:
    Those who may want the old volume control, in Windows 10, with Speakers and Mixer links:

    Old Volume Control-000047.png

    In the Windows Registry Editor, navigate to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

    and create a new sub-key under CurrentVersion named:

    MTCUVC

    then, right click in that key's right pane, create a new DWORD (32 bit) Value and name it:

    EnableMtcUvc

    and set the value to 0

    Old Volume Control-000048.png

    That's it!
    Adwin,

    Thanks for the volume hack. It makes me wonder if the old Calculator is hiding somewhere in Windows 10?

    JustDave
      My Computer

  6. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,821
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Justdave said:
    It makes me wonder if the old Calculator is hiding somewhere in Windows 10?
    Nope, MS killed it.
    Winaero made one though:

    http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1795
      My Computer

  7. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,736
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #7

    Thanks.. nice work as usual.

    Jeff
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums