Page 59 of 218 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Nov 2015 #581
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,436
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    No, oh wait! I might still have an old laptop HDD with it on. What kind of high contrast, I mean I don't know the needs of someone legally blind, so you'll need to describe to me.
    Well, I'm not yet sure what yet. I do know that he's complaining the Outlook 2013 is using gray letters instead of black and it's not dark enough for him to clearly see shapes of letters when it's on the machine that blows everything up large. I'll have to find out more. I just wanted to know if you might be able to help with this, because I know nothing about high contrast themes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Nov 2015 #582
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,557
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Well, I'm not yet sure what yet. I do know that he's complaining the Outlook 2013 is using gray letters instead of black and it's not dark enough for him to clearly see shapes of letters when it's on the machine that blows everything up large. I'll have to find out more. I just wanted to know if you might be able to help with this, because I know nothing about high contrast themes.
    I never really messed with high contrast on 7 too much, because I didn't really find it that user friendly like Windows 10's(8 less so, but still better than 7's) I usually installed a UX theme from 30 Best Dark Custom Windows 7 Themes my favorites were Concave 7 and Windows 7 “Life” Theme.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 Nov 2015 #583
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,436
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I never really messed with high contrast on 7 too much, because I didn't really find it that user friendly like Windows 10's(8 less so, but still better than 7's) I usually installed a UX theme from 30 Best Dark Custom Windows 7 Themes my favorites were Concave 7 and Windows 7 “Life” Theme.
    Thanks, I will keep this handy.
    One question - can I download this to a different user account, and play around with it, without messing up his main account? Is that how these work?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Nov 2015 #584
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,557
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Thanks, I will keep this handy.
    One question - can I download this to a different user account, and play around with it, without messing up his main account? Is that how these work?
    I never tried that before to be honest. I only use one account. But to revert changes just run SFC reboot and run it again to make sure it's all cleaned up. Also as I tell anyone & everyone, experienced and inexperienced... image beforehand(and make sure you can boot to your recovery environment) I always used windows 7's own backup & image(had MBR).
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    08 Nov 2015 #585
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,022
    Windows 10 Professional

    Steampunk-ish theme in High Contrast so far... :
    (not finished with it yet...)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000006.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	46907
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    08 Nov 2015 #586
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Steampunk-ish theme in High Contrast so far... :
    (not finished with it yet...)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000006.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	46907
    Wow, this is great Edwin
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Nov 2015 #587
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 16,799
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Well, I'm not yet sure what yet. I do know that he's complaining the Outlook 2013 is using gray letters instead of black and it's not dark enough for him to clearly see shapes of letters when it's on the machine that blows everything up large. I'll have to find out more. I just wanted to know if you might be able to help with this, because I know nothing about high contrast themes.
    Simrick, there is a contingent of Windows users (nope, not organized or anything) who have been begging since at least Windows 7 for black fonts; however, our complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

    It's not only the legally blind who need the contrast of actual black on white in order to clearly see what's on their screens; in fact as I look at this screen, the font is a medium gray, not black at all, although the bolded print is actually black.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Nov 2015 #588
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,022
    Windows 10 Professional

    "My Steampunk" High Contrast Theme

    My Steampunk.zip

    Wallpaper:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steampunk-ish.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	669.3 KB 
ID:	46959

    User Icon (if you wish):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	User.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	701.9 KB 
ID:	46960

    My Lock and Logon screens:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	46961

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logon.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	46963

    Cursors, available here:
    http://exsess.deviantart.com/art/Met...-Two-411020859

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000010.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	46964
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    08 Nov 2015 #589
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,557
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Real nice Edwin. Try using that reg file I posted and see how it looks in high contrast with that theme... it won't write over yours, it creates a new one then, so don't be scared
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    08 Nov 2015 #590
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,022
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Real nice Edwin. Try using that reg file I posted and see how it looks in high contrast with that theme... it won't write over yours, it creates a new one then, so don't be scared
    I'll let you know, gotta jet!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members
Hi geeks and geekettes! This thread is to show your Windows 10 related tutorial and instructional videos. If you have made a video about a Windows 10 task, procedure, feature or neat trick, post it here. Please no videos about your stunning...
General Support
User Created Windows Ten Wallpapers
My first Windows 10 Wall :) 5345
Customization
10 Forums Members count snip
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
Chillout Room
User Created Windows Nine Wallpapers
This thread is for all user-created Windows 9 wallpapers. The rules are very simple: You may only upload your own creation. Branding allowed Happy posting :)
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums