Nice work @Cliff S - and I love your story!
Thank you Cliff S for the wall papers, very nice.
I've done it!!!
I have created a Desktop shortcut that brings you straight to the "Check for updates" button in Windows Update, in the Settings app.
When you click/double click this shortcut, it will open Windows Update and all you need to do is hit the Return/Execute key.
- Download the shortcut pack.
- Unblock in properties(right click).
- Extract the contents.
- Place the shortcut on your desktop.
- Place the icon, somewhere where you will never move it(I have a folder extra for custom icons in my Users folder), but NOT on the desktop!
- Open up the shortcuts properties and click change icon.
- Browse to where you stored your Icon, and apply it.
What the icon looks like:
NoteBrink beat me to it, by a year
Windows Update Shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Last edited by Cliff S; 28 Feb 2016 at 10:21.
Gezz Cliff I created that shortcut last month, its on my startup screen. along with my other favorites.
Excellent, you are the Icon Master!