I just made a tile and a Tile Pack for Amberlight:
Amberlight Tile Pack.zip
What it looks like:
Here is a real complicated Tile Pack installation. It's good for all self made VBS and BAT files you want on the Start Menu.
For this example, that I created for myself is a batch file for SFC & DISM. System file checker and WinSXS folder cleanup and file repair.
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause
What the tile icon & tile looks like:
NoteI used this shield for this batch file, because it fixes System Files and uses elevated priveledges
- Download this File Pack: SFCdism Tile Pack.zip
- Place it wherever you want(I placed mine in Documents Library in a folder for batch files).
- Open Properties and unblock it(bottom right in the General tab).
- Then extract it(unzip)
- Leave everything in the folder. If you want a copy of the shortcut on your desktop, just copy & paste it there.
- Copy the shortcut and paste it in C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
- Now open the start menu and under all apps, it should show up.
- Right click it and pin it to the start menu and it should show up.
Last edited by Cliff S; 06 Feb 2016 at 07:07.
You do it because you LOVE changing Windows colors and making themes......plus your dam good at it too Cliff.
I still need to find out how to change the colors of File Explorer and Control Panel without patching.
It would require copying it, finding where the background color is set, AND the font colors, which would need to be changed first, so FE and CP will be readable with a dark or colored background color other than white.
Also once a copy is created and exchange for the original, it would be changed back to default one when the user ran System File Checker and/or DISM /RestoreHealth
So the user would need to keep a copy of the modified version to place back in system32 and put up with warnings when running SFC.
Here is a copy of File Explorer I have extracted with 7Zip:
I'm advancing. I have a mini program now with the SFC/DISM. The batch file with a desktop shortcut and a tile that looks like an icon(with a large icon instead of the default micro-icon tiles).