Windows 10: Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members Solved

  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Jan 2016 #1381

    Skype for Business Web App Plug-in Microsoft Corporation 09-Jan-16 46.7 MB 16.0.0.101
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 12,548
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       31 Jan 2016 #1382

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Skype for Business Web App Plug-in Microsoft Corporation 09-Jan-16 46.7 MB 16.0.0.101
    Then that be the one. It's OK if you don't already have Skype for Business, but not OK if you want to use S4B to link up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Jan 2016 #1383

    Hopachi said: View Post
    No issues with accent color here. Sync? Where do I find it?

    H.
    @Hopachi, sorry so late in answering, I've been on Skype for a good part of the day, and now am getting ready for bed( I have early shift next week(6:00-!4:30). To sync your theme with your OneDrive(Microsoft Account), open settings app>> Accounts>> Sync your settings>> Theme on or off. It ill sync any devices connected to the same account, and/or if you do a re-/clean install it will sync the parts it can to the new install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	61774
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       01 Feb 2016 #1384

    One last posting from me before I go to bed(so I'll read any comments tomorrow)
    .
    I'm getting my custom tile backgrounds closer to the start menu color, where they start to look more like icons than tiles

    The trick is, move the XML manifest to the desktop, make the HEX changes, go to the tile right click and select more>open file location and delete the shortcut, then reimport the XML to the program(install) folder, refresh the folder, and repin the tile(it might take a few tries to repin). And this for every color change it seems...

    The only custom tile I can't seem to make changes to after creating the 1st custom tile, is my Windows Defender(BUT! I WILL find a way)

    Check out Macrium... with the colors I customized(grey & gold)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	748.5 KB 
ID:	61919
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    01 Feb 2016 #1385

    Cliff S said: View Post
    One last posting from me before I go to bed(so I'll read any comments tomorrow)
    .
    I'm getting my custom tile backgrounds closer to the start menu color, where they start to look more like icons than tiles

    The trick is, move the XML manifest to the desktop, make the HEX changes, go to the tile right click and select more>open file location and delete the shortcut, then reimport the XML to the program(install) folder, refresh the folder, and repin the tile(it might take a few tries to repin). And this for every color change it seems...

    The only custom tile I can't seem to make changes to after creating the 1st custom tile, is my Windows Defender(BUT! I WILL find a way)

    Check out Macrium... with the colors I customized(grey & gold)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	748.5 KB 
ID:	61919
    That's looking real Fancy Cliff.....all those Icons look great, but I have to say your Macrium is the hardest one to see. A little too dark....or flat.....but you are doing a GREAT job Cliff!!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 12,548
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Feb 2016 #1386

    Cliff S said: View Post
    One last posting from me before I go to bed(so I'll read any comments tomorrow)
    .
    I'm getting my custom tile backgrounds closer to the start menu color, where they start to look more like icons than tiles

    The trick is, move the XML manifest to the desktop, make the HEX changes, go to the tile right click and select more>open file location and delete the shortcut, then reimport the XML to the program(install) folder, refresh the folder, and repin the tile(it might take a few tries to repin). And this for every color change it seems...

    The only custom tile I can't seem to make changes to after creating the 1st custom tile, is my Windows Defender(BUT! I WILL find a way)

    Check out Macrium... with the colors I customized(grey & gold)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	748.5 KB 
ID:	61919
    Well, of course, you might know that StarFerret complained because she didn't see herself on your People icon, but that my flower was there! Little brat!

    Of course, I really like this one, because it's soft, yet has enough contrast to help my poor eyes. I sure will be glad when the doc finally decides to take the next step to make me see better!

    Great work, Cliff!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       01 Feb 2016 #1387

    Cliff S said: View Post
    @Hopachi, sorry so late in answering, I've been on Skype for a good part of the day, and now am getting ready for bed( I have early shift next week(6:00-!4:30). To sync your theme with your OneDrive(Microsoft Account), open settings app>> Accounts>> Sync your settings>> Theme on or off. It ill sync any devices connected to the same account, and/or if you do a re-/clean install it will sync the parts it can to the new install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	61774
    Thank you Cliff!

    I'm on a local account and all that mash-up is disabled.

    So what I've experienced must be some auto-theming-safe-margins built in to trigger automatically (at login?) if the theme is not 'liked' by the system.

    Will check event viewer next time it happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 7,922
    Windows 10 Professional
       05 Feb 2016 #1388

    "Amber Sky" High Contrast Theme


    "Amber Sky" High Contrast Theme

    Amber Sky.zip

    Wallpaper (courtesy of Erin Welton - Autumn's Grey Solace)
    A sample of their music can be enjoyed here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4G8IL7aw1g

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erin 1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	420.5 KB 
ID:	62519

    Some samples:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	505.7 KB 
ID:	62520

    Click the zip link above to download, unblock, extract, click to run, go to Personalization to Save.

    Enjoy
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       05 Feb 2016 #1389

    Edwin said: View Post

    Click the zip link above to download, unblock, extract, click to run, go to Personalization to Save.

    Enjoy
    @Edwin it'll be saved automatically upon applying.
    For anyones information it's saved to C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

    Additional information:
    If you want to add, for example another background quickly, or change the ones the theme came with, you go to the above:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	62540

    and here you will find the wallpapers folder for the theme.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	62541
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       05 Feb 2016 #1390

    @Edwin
    Great looking theme!
    Looks even better in the screenshot with the mouse pointer and icons.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi geeks and geekettes! This thread is to show your Windows 10 related tutorial and instructional videos. If you have made a video about a Windows 10 task, procedure, feature or neat trick, post it here. Please no videos about your stunning...
My first Windows 10 Wall :) 5345
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
This thread is for all user-created Windows 9 wallpapers. The rules are very simple: You may only upload your own creation. Branding allowed Happy posting :)
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:39.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums