Windows 10: Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members Solved

  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,402
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       23 Jan 2016 #1231

    Do you mean this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	60314
    C:\Windows\System32\vmconnect.exe localhost "Ubuntu 15.10"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	60315
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 836
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Jan 2016 #1232

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Do you mean this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	60314
    That should do it if the tiler is able to add the extra arguments/parameters seen in the shortcut.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 836
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Jan 2016 #1233

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Thanks for the link and skin Horace:
    Attachment 60313
    Looking better! Something seems to be missing (UI gradients).
    You must be missing the theme engine (post1) in this case a dll file for the Crux engine.
    Is your Gimp 64 Bit?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gimp-themed.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	60318

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	go-wilber.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	60317
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,402
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       23 Jan 2016 #1234

    It's in Program files(not x86), so I guess it's 64bit.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 836
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Jan 2016 #1235

    Cliff, for that Ubuntu tile by the way, you can give this a try.
    I've created a launcher ( my method that scared you ) and a tile with the path in your shortcut.

    It's just one; if it doesn't work, don't use it.
    It is however overkill to use this method if you have 10-20 VM's: path is static, will work only in this particular case with that VM name.

    Maybe I'll add a virtualization thread one of these days to explain what I did in case of VirtualBox: one exe launcher that gets the VM name automatically.
    Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 836
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Jan 2016 #1236

    Cliff S said: View Post
    It's in Program files(not x86), so I guess it's 64bit.
    Yes it is.

    The theme uses libcrux-engine.dll
    Long story how I got it is that post1.

    That has to be included in Program Files\your Gimp install folder in lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines

    In case you need it, I've added it below.
    Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    23 Jan 2016 #1237

    OblyTile doesn't work,
    neither does WinTileR!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 836
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Jan 2016 #1238

    Edwin said: View Post
    OblyTile doesn't work,
    neither does WinTileR!
    Thanks Edwin.
    In the meantime we add tiles manually:
    Solved Custom Tiles (for Desktop Apps)
    I've followed an MSDN article to get it going and it still works on W10, Cliff already made something. But you always need an exe then make xml... no shortcuts either.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,402
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       23 Jan 2016 #1239

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Yes it is.

    The theme uses libcrux-engine.dll
    Long story how I got it is that post1.

    That has to be included in Program Files\your Gimp install folder in lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines

    In case you need it, I've added it below.
    Better?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	60322
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,402
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       23 Jan 2016 #1240

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Cliff, for that Ubuntu tile by the way, you can give this a try.
    I've created a launcher ( my method that scared you ) and a tile with the path in your shortcut.

    It's just one; if it doesn't work, don't use it.
    It is however overkill to use this method if you have 10-20 VM's: path is static, will work only in this particular case with that VM name.

    Maybe I'll add a virtualization thread one of these days to explain what I did in case of VirtualBox: one exe launcher that gets the VM name automatically.
    It works fine, but I have to right click first to get it to run as admin. A Hyper-V VM shortcut needs to run as admin.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	676.0 KB 
ID:	60323
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi geeks and geekettes! This thread is to show your Windows 10 related tutorial and instructional videos. If you have made a video about a Windows 10 task, procedure, feature or neat trick, post it here. Please no videos about your stunning...
My first Windows 10 Wall :) 5345
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
This thread is for all user-created Windows 9 wallpapers. The rules are very simple: You may only upload your own creation. Branding allowed Happy posting :)
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums