Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       16 Jun 2015 #1

    How can I change the login screen colour for Windows 10?


    Is there any way to change the login screen colour while in high contrast? Everywhere I look it says no, but I've been using the high contrast setting ever since installing window 10, and the login screen used to be black. Then, one day, I click the lock screen to find that the login screen is now a nasty purple colour.


    So to be clear, it USED to be black for weeks, and now it's changed colours, even though I haven't altered any display/personalization settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    16 Jun 2015 #2

    dea7hthek1d said: View Post
    Is there any way to change the login screen colour while in high contrast? Everywhere I look it says no, but I've been using the high contrast setting ever since installing window 10, and the login screen used to be black. Then, one day, I click the lock screen to find that the login screen is now a nasty purple colour.


    So to be clear, it USED to be black for weeks, and now it's changed colours, even though I haven't altered any display/personalization settings.
    Welcome to W10F!

    Try this setting:

    Color and Appearance - Change in Windows 10

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000015.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	21705
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       17 Jun 2015 #3

    Thanks Edwin

    ..My personalization menu doesn't look like that. Here's a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-17_00h03_43.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	21711
    I notice that the colour of my "selected text" is the same colour the login screen has changed to. I find this strange as the colour chosen isn't even a default option. I'm not sure how I was able to select it, but there it is. I'd really rather not change my selected text colour though. I'm not sure why the two would be related anyway..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       18 Jun 2015 #4

    Can anyone help me?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       19 Jun 2015 #5

    dea7hthek1d said: View Post
    Thanks Edwin

    ..My personalization menu doesn't look like that. Here's a screenshot:
    .....
    It looks as though Edwin is using the Control Panel Color cmdlet. You'll need to implement Control Panel All tasks using one of the options in this tutorial and then follow his suggestion - Edwin has done a lot in this area, so I'll defer to his advice anytime.

    See: Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    19 Jun 2015 #6

    Slartybart said: View Post
    It looks as though Edwin is using the Control Panel Color cmdlet. You'll need to implement Control Panel All tasks using one of the options in this tutorial and then follow his suggestion - Edwin has done a lot in this area, so I'll defer to his advice anytime.

    See: Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks for that Bill!
    (I knew I left somebody hangin somewhere!)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       19 Jun 2015 #7

    Edwin said: View Post
    Thanks for that Bill!
    (I knew I left somebody hangin somewhere!)
    You're welcome Edwin.

    I'm just glad you found you're way back because I don't know your High contrast voo-doo.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    19 Jun 2015 #8

    Slartybart said: View Post
    ......I don't know your High contrast voo-doo.
    Me neither! A heck of a lot of trial and error for sure!

    Seriously though, there are so many different link and hyperlink states that it's almost impossible to get everything perfect the way you want; but I keep trying!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       21 Jun 2015 #9

    Thanks for that. I've downloaded it and ran it, but any selection I make in the Personalization tab just directs me to the windows I usually see, never that one with those options..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-21_13h06_09.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	22129
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    21 Jun 2015 #10

    dea7hthek1d said: View Post
    Thanks for that. I've downloaded it and ran it, but any selection I make in the Personalization tab just directs me to the windows I usually see, never that one with those options..
    Oops! Sorry bout that! You want this one:

    'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000042.png 
Views:	1152 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	22132
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 stuck at login screen....
Hello. I have just upgraded from build 9926 to build 10041 and now I have s major problem with the login screen. It won't respond and no matter what I do with my mouse or keyboard it respond. The clock still changes however which us kinda strange....
General Support
Solved Change color user login screen
I have searched for hours trying to find out how to change the color of the user login screen. Mine is the ugliest color. None of the information I found on Windows 8 will work on Windows 10. There is another post regarding this on this site but...
Customization
How to change Icon and Font size on Lock screen and Welcome screen?
Hi, I'm on RTM win 10 pro on my Dell 7720 laptop. Have 2 queries: 1). I've changed the font size to 150% which is fine on the desktop. But I need only the lock screen/Welcome screen to be 100% font size since on 150 % the font is too big and...
Customization
Solved Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc)
Hi there To change logon screen colour and background in W10 doesn't work any more. The Windows 8.1 method doesn't work any more -- if you choose the wrong colour at install time you are stuck with it. The option to change doesn't work...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums