Windows 10 Change OS Boot Information

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. dtoxic's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #1

    Windows 10 Change OS Boot Information


    In Windows 7 you could do this trough msconfig.exe abnd get this http://i50.tinypic.com/biszna.jpg while booting the system

    is there a way to do the same in Windows 10 Pro x64 AU? Same method does not seem to work.
      My Computer

  2. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 10,579
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #2

    dtoxic said:
    In Windows 7 you could do this trough msconfig.exe abnd get this http://i50.tinypic.com/biszna.jpg while booting the system

    is there a way to do the same in Windows 10 Pro x64 AU? Same method does not seem to work.
    That screenshot looks like it was loading Win7 in Safe Mode. And from what I remember of Win7 it doesn't look complete. There are posts here about booting into Safe Mode, can't point to a specific post but a Search should find it.
      My Computers

  3. dtoxic's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Berton said:
    That screenshot looks like it was loading Win7 in Safe Mode. And from what I remember of Win7 it doesn't look complete. There are posts here about booting into Safe Mode, can't point to a specific post but a Search should find it.
    Not talking about safe mode, i am talking about when you select this https://i.imgur.com/lwxLvdw.png
    it would show loading of drivers while you are booting up the system

    here is a link for windows 7 but as i said cant seem to get this to work on Windows 10

    Use Verbose Boot Messages to Troubleshoot Windows Startup Problems
      My Computer

  4. SonicBlue's Avatar
    Posts : 225
    Windows 10 Home
       #4

    So does it not show when you tick the OS info box?
      My Computer

  5. dtoxic's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    SonicBlue said:
    So does it not show when you tick the OS info box?
    Nope no effect at all,the loading circle is gone thou and that's about it
      My Computer

  6. DavidE's Avatar
    Posts : 357
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
       #6

    dtoxic said:
    Not talking about safe mode, i am talking about when you select this https://i.imgur.com/lwxLvdw.png
    it would show loading of drivers while you are booting up the system

    here is a link for windows 7 but as i said cant seem to get this to work on Windows 10

    Use Verbose Boot Messages to Troubleshoot Windows Startup Problems
    Give this a try in Group Policy Editor

    Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
    In the list on the right,
    Enable Display highly detailed status messages
      My Computer

  7. dtoxic's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter
       #7

    DavidE said:
    Give this a try in Group Policy Editor

    Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
    In the list on the right,
    Enable Display highly detailed status messages
    Just tried it, No effect at all still the same Windows Logo and circle.

    thx for the suggestion thou
      My Computer

  8. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 30,087
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #8

    Hi, I think you need to check the OS boot information box in msconfig
    Use Verbose Boot Messages to Troubleshoot Windows Startup Problems
      My Computers

  9. dtoxic's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    dalchina said:
    Hi, I think you need to check the OS boot information box in msconfig
    Use Verbose Boot Messages to Troubleshoot Windows Startup Problems
    Please read the posts above, been there done that.
      My Computer

  10. DavidE's Avatar
    Posts : 357
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
       #10

    Hello dtoxic,

    I played around with this, and I see the same thing as you.
    Selecting the OS boot information checkbox in Win 7 works differently than in Win 10 (and Win 8.1).
    In Win 7 i see a list of drivers installing, i don't see this in 8.1 or 10.
    I don't know of a workaround/fix, but it's not just you.

    I've never selected the OS boot information checkbox before, so no experience here.

    Now, can i ask some questions ?
    The W7 driver list scrolls by so fast i can't read it.
    If a driver install fails/hangs does the list "pause" there, so you can see what driver is causing a problem ?
    Is that the reason for using this msconfig checkbox ?

    I don't know if they broke this or changed the way it works after Win 7
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums