1. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10
       11 Aug 2016 #1

    Login screen issue


    Hi!

    I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition and all went well... apart from one issue. When I boot or reboot the PC, and during the boot process, I notice that one of the new feature of Windows is to show the lock screen image as background (I repeat, during boot). I already had a custom image in Settings --> Personalization --> Lock Screen, and checked the option to show the lock screen image during boot. My profile image is also customized.

    Problem is, during boot Windows shows the default lock screen image (the rocks and the beach... you know) and the default profile image (the round with the shape of a person). Basically, Windows is ignoring my settings.

    Any idea on how can I manually fix this?

    Thanks in advance.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,432
    Windows10
       11 Aug 2016 #2

    AlphaUMi said: View Post
    Hi!

    I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition and all went well... apart from one issue. When I boot or reboot the PC, and during the boot process, I notice that one of the new feature of Windows is to show the lock screen image as background (I repeat, during boot). I already had a custom image in Settings --> Personalization --> Lock Screen, and checked the option to show the lock screen image during boot. My profile image is also customized.

    Problem is, during boot Windows shows the default lock screen image (the rocks and the beach... you know) and the default profile image (the round with the shape of a person). Basically, Windows is ignoring my settings.

    Any idea on how can I manually fix this?

    Thanks in advance.
    Well known bug - have to wait for MS to fix.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10
       11 Aug 2016 #3

    Good to know. Thank you for answering. So we have to wait.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 home 64x
       12 Aug 2016 #4

    AlphaUMi said: View Post
    Hi!

    I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition and all went well... apart from one issue. When I boot or reboot the PC, and during the boot process, I notice that one of the new feature of Windows is to show the lock screen image as background (I repeat, during boot). I already had a custom image in Settings --> Personalization --> Lock Screen, and checked the option to show the lock screen image during boot. My profile image is also customized.

    Problem is, during boot Windows shows the default lock screen image (the rocks and the beach... you know) and the default profile image (the round with the shape of a person). Basically, Windows is ignoring my settings.

    Any idea on how can I manually fix this?

    Thanks in advance.
    I am not sure if you are talking about the same thing that happened to me

    but anyway ,, did you try going in to settings and just reset and use your own image again ??

    thats what i did
    it worked for me
    good luck
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 home 64x
       12 Aug 2016 #5

    There is also 2 more other options if you like

    I use this https://github.com/PFCKrutonium/Wind...anger/releases

    if you want the opposite then use this

    http://www.howtogeek.com/223875/how-...on-windows-10/

    Sign-in Screen Background Image - Change in Windows 10

    and download the registry hack
    Last edited by Brink; 13 Aug 2016 at 11:52.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10
       13 Aug 2016 #6

    Ethelwulf said: View Post
    I am not sure if you are talking about the same thing that happened to me

    but anyway ,, did you try going in to settings and just reset and use your own image again ??

    thats what i did
    it worked for me
    good luck
    Oh yes, I already did it. And for what matters Windows BG Changer, which you kindly provided me a link for, the page clearly states that it does not work whit the Anniversary Update. Sadly. In fact the problem occurred just after the recent update of Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,432
    Windows10
       13 Aug 2016 #7

    AlphaUMi said: View Post
    Oh yes, I already did it. And for what matters Windows BG Changer, which you kindly provided me a link for, the page clearly states that it does not work whit the Anniversary Update. Sadly. In fact the problem occurred just after the recent update of Windows.
    As I said it is a bug with AU. I am a little surprised it is taking MS so long to sort this one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10
       13 Aug 2016 #8

    cereberus said: View Post
    As I said it is a bug with AU. I am a little surprised it is taking MS so long to sort this one.
    Update: during normal reboots the background screen appeared, but only once, and I did not change everything between reboots! Same problem with the profile image, I did try to change it so something else, but only the default one (the idiotic shape) appeared. It seems like Windows doesn't know what to do...

    So you are right cereberus, it's definitely a Windows bug.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 home 64x
       13 Aug 2016 #9

    AlphaUMi said: View Post
    Oh yes, I already did it. And for what matters Windows BG Changer, which you kindly provided me a link for, the page clearly states that it does not work whit the Anniversary Update. Sadly. In fact the problem occurred just after the recent update of Windows.
    Sorry for the late response got a Little Busy with other stuff and been away from my pc
    the Link I gave you is the one I use
    and you and Cereberus could be very right Because I haven't used it since firs install
    I used it once and that was it
    after the Big update i have been busy with other stuff

    sorry I might have to uninstall it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 home 64x
       19 Aug 2016 #10

    AlphaUMi said: View Post
    Oh yes, I already did it. And for what matters Windows BG Changer, which you kindly provided me a link for, the page clearly states that it does not work whit the Anniversary Update. Sadly. In fact the problem occurred just after the recent update of Windows.
    stay away from 1607 and install 1511

    Go here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

    Good Luck every thing runs amazing on 1511
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.
After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. ...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen
If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue
Hello! I bought a Windows 10 Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues. I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but with a lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere. There are two...
General Support
Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)
Hey everyone. I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while, or has been in the past. Was upgrading to windows 10, I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login
Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the keyboard, or when i log in it would go to a blackscreen but still see the mouse. It would be...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums