Windows 10: AU - odd discrepancy on lock screen
I actually just found the solution:
Open the Registry Editor and delete "DisableLogonBackgroundImage" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" or set it to "0".
OK, got it.
You have to edit the registry.
1. Open the registry editor through your preferred method.
2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > System.
3. Click on System and look for an entry that says DisableLogonBackgroundImage. If you have the entry, change the value from 1 (True) to 0 (False). Lock your screen and test. This is what worked for me, as I had the entry.
3a. If you don't have that entry, create it. Right click (in the right pane, where the entries go) and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Label this new DWORD DisableLogonBackgroundImage.
4. Right-click on DisableLogonBackgroundImage and click Modify (or just double click on the entry name).
5. Under Value data, make sure the value is 0 type 1 (default will be 0). Click OK. (To switch back to the default Windows log-in screen, change this value to 1.)
This is the article where I got this, except 0 enables my image and 1 disables choosing it on my machine; that is, the article has it backwards.
Change the Windows 10 log-in screen background - CNET
[Edit: Oops... didn't see the second page. You beat me to the solution!]
Ok I've been suffering this issue with Windows 10 for as long as I can remember, and it's stopping me using it as the primary OS.
In short I have two, intermittent issues which nothing I do seems to resolve.
1: After waking up from sleep and...
I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue.
I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I...
I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise.
I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO.
When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if...
Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen?
I often put my computer to sleep then to bring it back (in Windows 7) I would simply hit the space bar and turn on my mouse and it...
I'm running windows 10 on an ASUS Desktop computer with a GeForce GTX650. I dual monitor with a Samsung monitor and Samsung Plasma television. even though both devices are set to 1920x1080 (I've checked, repeatedly, and included screenshots) yet...