Windows 10: Oblytile alternative?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 8,304
    Windows 10 Professional
       01 Aug 2015 #11

    OblyTile not working in Windows 10 is disappointing.

    However, more often than not, I've used the Start 'Screen' for nothing more than Music, and it looks and works excellent with 'Groove Music'
    Pin the 'albums' to the Start Screen/Menu and launch the music to play from there straight away!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000010.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	328.4 KB 
ID:	27633
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    01 Aug 2015 #12

    Edwin said: View Post
    OblyTile not working in Windows 10 is disappointing.

    However, more often than not, I've used the Start 'Screen' for nothing more than Music, and it looks and works excellent with 'Groove Music'
    Pin the 'albums' to the Start Screen/Menu and launch the music to play from there straight away!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000010.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	328.4 KB 
ID:	27633
    This ONLY applies to the music software in which you are referring to though, am I right?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 8,304
    Windows 10 Professional
       01 Aug 2015 #13

    BeK said: View Post
    This ONLY applies to the music software in which you are referring to though, am I right?
    Yes, only through the Groove Music App.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    01 Aug 2015 #14

    This is Why I love WIndows 8.1 start screen so much better than Windows10's Start-Screen. I am using Obilytile on almost all apps:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page 1.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	766.1 KB 
ID:	27635
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page 2.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	505.8 KB 
ID:	27636
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page 3.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	508.8 KB 
ID:	27637

    Notice how organize the tiles are on my Win8.1 Start-Screen? I wish Win10's Start-Screen was the same. Also the fact that Obilytile doesnt work is another incentive for me NOT to upgrade.

    Microsoft did a good job with the Start-Menu but they shouldnt have screwed with the Start-Screen in the process. =(
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10240
       03 Aug 2015 #15

    Drybonz said: View Post
    As of yet, I have not seen an alternative to Oblytile for customizing desktop app tiles on the start menu (Oblytile does not work on 10) but if someone happens to spot one, or knows about a working alternative, please post here.

    Thank you very much.
    Try this out -- http://zibbezabbe.deviantart.com/art...-V-2-437811251, its a rainmeter skin for game banner, tho I think you can create your own tile for your own apps, just an alternative
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10240
       03 Aug 2015 #16

    BeK said: View Post
    This ONLY applies to the music software in which you are referring to though, am I right?
    cool gonna try that
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    03 Aug 2015 #17

    Obly Tile Alternative


    keityrobins said: View Post
    cool gonna try that
    Go the store and try Pin More gives you a free trial which allows you to create 3 tiles after that you have to purchase. But pretty cheap, easy to use for creating tiles for websites save an image then copy URl and paste, didn't try the other features
    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    03 Aug 2015 #18

    Simple Stuff said: View Post
    Go the store and try Pin More gives you a free trial which allows you to create 3 tiles after that you have to purchase. But pretty cheap, easy to use for creating tiles for websites save an image then copy URl and paste, didn't try the other features
    Cheers
    Thanks for this suggestion. Using their Snowy Dune Launcher program you can assign desktop applications to tiles with Pin More. It's not as good as Oblytile but it's as good as we're gonna get for a while I reckon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    04 Aug 2015 #19

    Hopefully this works: [APP] TileCreator - Create tiles to all appl | Windows 10 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

    The app isn't live in the App Store yet though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    05 Aug 2015 #20

    Tilecreator is out and it works pretty well:

      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved AllApps menu alternative in General Support
I prefer the AllApps screen in Win8.1 to the alpha list in Win10. I've suggested a few variants to MS through feedback. It looks as though the alpha list will be the defacto standard, although a leaked peek shows it is a little better (can be...
Freeware Alternative(s) for RDP? in Software and Apps
Anybody seen any freeware alternative ( s) to RDP?
alternative mail in Browsers and Email
is there any alternative software for mail that will give you a live tile updating on your emails other than the windows mail that comes as preloaded
Alternative OS's in Chillout Room
Windows 7 is my primary OS; I need it in my business to run my CAD software. Still I have soft spot for Linux. Mint has always been at the top of my list and every so often I'll install it and muck about with it. Pity my software won't run on it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.
Find Us