Windows 10: Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?

  1.    04 Aug 2016 #1

    Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?


    Just a quick question about installing the Anniversary Update.

    My C drive is 120Gb in which 110Gb was used. The install prep said I need to have at least 20Gb free so I looked to move data temporarily to free up space. I noticed AeroGlass 10240 folder was nearly 40Gb alone so I moved that data to another drive. I have not moved it back to C drive yet.

    I know AeroGlass is a theme that adds transparency to windows but 40Gb? Does that sound right? I don't like AeroGlass that much but maybe a reinstall would be less data.

    Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?
    Last edited by GARoss; 04 Aug 2016 at 09:07.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Aug 2016 #2

    Mmm.. Aeroglass is a small (commercial/free) program that adds transparency.

    40Gb is massive.
    Its program folder can fill with minidump files - e.g. repeated crashes 'cos the current version isn't compatible with the anniversary edition. But you'd need a LOT to make the folder that big.

    You probably won't be able to log in normally with Aeroglass installed and the anniversary edition upgrade applied. You can uninstall it in safe mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Aug 2016 #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Mmm.. Aeroglass is a small (commercial/free) program that adds transparency.

    40Gb is massive.
    Its program folder can fill with minidump files - e.g. repeated crashes 'cos the current version isn't compatible with the anniversary edition. But you'd need a LOT to make the folder that big.

    You probably won't be able to log in normally with Aeroglass installed and the anniversary edition upgrade applied. You can uninstall it in safe mode.
    Thanks. I just deleted the folder, 39.6Gb!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    04 Aug 2016 #4

    AeroGlass is not compatible with the anniversary update ........ yet.
    What probably made the file so massive is that you probably did the update with aeroglass installed and the incompatibility of aeroglass with the anniversary update created a bunch of minidump files in the folder, normally the file is usually 5 to a little more than 6 mb in size.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Aug 2016 #5

    Dark Knight said: View Post
    AeroGlass is not compatible with the anniversary update ........ yet.
    What probably made the file so massive is that you probably did the update with aeroglass installed and the incompatibility of aeroglass with the anniversary update created a bunch of minidump files in the folder, normally the file is usually 5 to a little more than 6 mb in size.
    Thanks. It was the AeroGlass folder that prevented me installing the Anniversary Update. My HDD is 120Gb in which the update said it needed 20Gb of free space. Properties said I had 111Gb on that drive. I found the AeroGlass 10240 folder with 39.6Gb of data tied up so I moved the AeroGlass folder to another drive, then did the Anniversary Update install.

    5-6Mb sounds more like it. I've deleted the AeroGlass folder for now & will try again when it's compatible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Aug 2016 #6

    Dark Knight said: View Post
    AeroGlass is not compatible with the anniversary update ........ yet.
    What probably made the file so massive is that you probably did the update with aeroglass installed and the incompatibility of aeroglass with the anniversary update created a bunch of minidump files in the folder, normally the file is usually 5 to a little more than 6 mb in size.
    Oddly it's semi compatible if you have out of date symbol files. if you have up to date symbol files it crashes every few seconds (which made it quite hard to log in and revert the symbol files!) - I do hope there's an update soon
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Is this normal? in Performance & Maintenance
So, I have a new computer, two days old, haven't downloaded anything but avast. Never clicked on a suspicious link etc. I've noticed something that keeps occurring, however. On the blue shut down screen for windows 10, right before my computer...
Good news :) Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ bye bye debug window .... just the watermak 54884
Can't boot normal in General Support
So last night my PC went into sleep. Then upon waking it up, it never displayed the login box to access my desktop again. Once I restarted the computer it would load into a grey screen where spinning dots never stopped. I've done some...
Solved BSOD under normal use. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, This is a Asus ux305. I've had it less than a month and is mostly used for my school. I have installed very little on it. Was just browsing the internet on chrome when it crashed. Thanks in Advance.
Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Change Log Now you can use it without the debug nag window. EDIT: Installer refuses to load under 32-0bit systems, the MAN files which appear to be archives provide a version of Aerohost.exe which is incompatible...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:54.
Find Us