W10 refused to do it.
W10 wouldn't perform the changes (enumeration error) even though I changed the:
- Owner (tried Administrators, Users and myself)
- Permissions to "Full Control" (Note: Administrators & Users were already set to that anyway)
- Child Objects propagation
The "broken" files were already jpgs.
I copied one out of the location and tried to view it, but I received the same error message (invalid header).
Not without going back into LM17.1 (I'm in W7 at the moment).
I'll try again later (if I remember).
I'll also try the other location that you mentioned.
I did that once in one of the W7 betas because "Trusted Installer" was working me over.
It totally hosed the install.
I tried setting the permission again and this time I succeeded, despite the constant barrage of error messages.
It was even more of an ordeal than setting permissions in Linux.
The "C:\<blah>\LocalState\Assets" location seems to be the right place.
I can see the new Lock Screen picture (the one I replaced) and a couple of other interesting ones.
After copying the images and adding the jpg extension: