Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    06 May 2016 #21
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 170
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
    There was a group of updates a while back for Office 07 that cream pied my ability to use High Contrast themes. Even after removing that group of 33 updates and Office it still has not repaired.
    Ya it's just not right to have to spend so much time trying to get this right.
    I thought it was just me, but I'm hearing a lot of people even with great vision
    are having display issues.

    The people here in the forum have been very helpful and its appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 May 2016 #22
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 889
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by msny View Post
    Ya it's just not right to have to spend so much time trying to get this right.
    I thought it was just me, but I'm hearing a lot of people even with great vision
    are having display issues.
    There are issues with HC. Problem is that different programs behave differently on the colors; instead of keeping system colors where they should, all gets mixed up.

    Then of course you need to begin tweaking a HC theme to best suit your needs.

    Are you using HC black or white based theme?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 May 2016 #23
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 170
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    There are issues with HC. Problem is that different programs behave differently on the colors; instead of keeping system colors where they should, all gets mixed up.

    Then of course you need to begin tweaking a HC theme to best suit your needs.

    Are you using HC black or white based theme?
    Yes I've customized a black one best I can using the shortcut classic menu I downloaded here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 May 2016 #24
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 889
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by msny View Post
    Yes I've customized a black one best I can using the shortcut classic menu I downloaded here.
    If you like you can attach it in a zip. Than way I can test it in Edge and iTunes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    07 May 2016 #25
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 170
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    If you like you can attach it in a zip. Than way I can test it in Edge and iTunes.
    I've attached the theme, thank you.
    I've since switched to FireFox and it seems to look much better for me.
    High Contrast Theme Problem Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 May 2016 #26
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 889
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Thanks for the zip.
    I'll check it out!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    07 May 2016 #27
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 889
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    I've checked the theme.
    For Windows 10 standards: it's OK, theme's fine, for system programs then, what 'external' programs make of the theme that's a diferent story.

    iTunes is not ready for High Contrast (HC) from the looks of it, or the other way around.

    It uses (hard-coded?) fixed white backgrounds even on themes with no white at all; not even text.
    Best I could make of it using one of my top-hc-themes: some text is seen, the rest enjoys the whiteness...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ituneshc.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	78661


    HC in browsers: Not all webites can be correctly converted to system colors, in this case HC, so there are glitches to expect.
    Use browsers that can override HC colors in that case, meaning no HC unfortunately.
    Firefox does a good job so I see.
    Check for browser specific extensions for high contrast: not all colors of the theme should be respected but just provide good readability from multiple modes, for instance Chrome doesn't use high contrast color but has an extension allowing the user to test different color contrast combinations, keeping the website 'compatible' looks.
    High Contrast - Chrome Web Store

    For Firefox you'll have to play with the built in menu that Cliff posted. I couldn't find any other extensions for this case.
    And Edge: no extensions on this one yet. HC or not.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    07 May 2016 #28
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home

    I also suggest Chrome for the reason it does not use HC colors. Keep shortcuts on the desktop to desired themes to make fast switch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 May 2016 #29
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 170
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
    I also suggest Chrome for the reason it does not use HC colors. Keep shortcuts on the desktop to desired themes to make fast switch.
    Its what I'm doing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 May 2016 #30
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 170
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    I've checked the theme.
    For Windows 10 standards: it's OK, theme's fine, for system programs then, what 'external' programs make of the theme that's a diferent story.

    iTunes is not ready for High Contrast (HC) from the looks of it, or the other way around.

    It uses (hard-coded?) fixed white backgrounds even on themes with no white at all; not even text.
    Best I could make of it using one of my top-hc-themes: some text is seen, the rest enjoys the whiteness...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ituneshc.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	78661


    HC in browsers: Not all webites can be correctly converted to system colors, in this case HC, so there are glitches to expect.
    Use browsers that can override HC colors in that case, meaning no HC unfortunately.
    Firefox does a good job so I see.
    Check for browser specific extensions for high contrast: not all colors of the theme should be respected but just provide good readability from multiple modes, for instance Chrome doesn't use high contrast color but has an extension allowing the user to test different color contrast combinations, keeping the website 'compatible' looks.
    High Contrast - Chrome Web Store

    For Firefox you'll have to play with the built in menu that Cliff posted. I couldn't find any other extensions for this case.
    And Edge: no extensions on this one yet. HC or not.
    Thanks for taking a look at this.
    At least I know its not something specific to my setup.

    Another program no cooperating is the Catalyst Control Center update window.
    Its all white for the most part.

    I could use regular themes IF I could just build into it more contrast for text.
    I may try to mess around with this and see what I can do.

    But this is a big departure for me coming from windows 7 where I had no issues
    with regular themes at all.

    I found this doing google search.
    3 Ways to Turn off High Contrast on Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10
I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup...
Customization
High Contrast Theme Font Change
I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because...
Customization
Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme
44321 How can I get rid of this horible white border? Thanks! - Shawn
General Support
High Contrast screen...
Is high contrast all that's available....if not, how do I get out of it ?
Customization
Solved My struggle to set a high contrast theme
One of the first things I always do for a new OS or a new build is to set a nice high contrast theme. That helps me a lot to see things. In Windows 8.1 and in Mint Mate that is very easy and convenient. In Windows 7 it is a bit trickier for the...
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums