Windows 10: Which DPI size is your monitor running on?

View Poll Results: Which DPI size is your monitor running on?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • smaller 100% (default)

    19 57.58%
  • medium 125%

    8 24.24%
  • larger 150%

    1 3.03%
  • very large 200%

    1 3.03%
  • gigantic above 200%

    0 0%
  • custom (user defined)

    4 12.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    08 Mar 2016 #21

    Using 200 percent on my Surface Pro 4 @ 2786x1824. Both are the recommended settings for the device.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Mar 2016 #22

    I have to run windows 10 in high contrast themes. All the type in normal themes
    for me is small and washed out, on everything no matter what I set.

    I'm using the classic theme I downloaded from the forum.

    Never had this issue with previous window versions.
    It's kind of unfriendly for older people with vision issues.

    I cant use the DPI setting as it messes up some programs I use, so I've
    raised my resolution up a bit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 843
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       09 Mar 2016 #23

    msny said: View Post
    I cant use the DPI setting as it messes up some programs I use, so I've
    raised my resolution up a bit.
    You mean lower it? To make items larger without messing the DPI values.
    The whole purpose of DPI settings in this case is to counteract the high resolution drawbacks (small to read/see items). Increasing the resolution alone would not help: some of those programs will look even smaller.
    It's true that programs may look messy but you can try the "disable dpi compatibility" in that case.
    It may not always help though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp-dpi.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	68538
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Mar 2016 #24

    Hopachi said: View Post
    You mean lower it? To make items larger without messing the DPI values.
    The whole purpose of DPI settings in this case is to counteract the high resolution drawbacks (small to read/see items). Increasing the resolution alone would not help: some of those programs will look even smaller.
    It's true that programs may look messy but you can try the "disable dpi compatibility" in that case.
    It may not always help though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp-dpi.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	68538
    Helped for me in some programs, got rid of blurry text. Using recommended 125% at 2560 x 1440 .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Mar 2016 #25

    Hopachi said: View Post
    You mean lower it? To make items larger without messing the DPI values.
    The whole purpose of DPI settings in this case is to counteract the high resolution drawbacks (small to read/see items). Increasing the resolution alone would not help: some of those programs will look even smaller.
    It's true that programs may look messy but you can try the "disable dpi compatibility" in that case.
    It may not always help though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp-dpi.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	68538
    I will give that a try, thanks much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Mar 2016 #26

    After looking at this I don't this same setting in Window 10. My scale increments are 25%....
    So 100% to 125% is my only choice and that is way to large.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Mar 2016 #27

    100%
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Mar 2016 #28

    100% works just fine for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 Mar 2016 #29

    I envy all you people with good eyes. At 100% I wouldn't see a thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 843
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       10 Mar 2016 #30

    msny said: View Post
    After looking at this I don't this same setting in Window 10. My scale increments are 25%....
    So 100% to 125% is my only choice and that is way to large.
    See first post:

    Go to Control Panel - Display
    (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display)

    Click on "set a custom scaling level" -> then it will give you the ruler options. Instead of using the provided drop down, type in your value. For instance I could pick 108%, sign out and back in to test.

    Also, dragging the ruler left-right works:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	68721
    Last edited by Hopachi; 10 Mar 2016 at 14:53.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
I went to SSDs on all of my computers some time back, but I still use WD RE4s and 2.5 inch WD Black HDDs for a variety of backup tasks and for storage in which the data will not be accessed for a period longer than is ideal to use a non-powered SSD...
Solved Weird process running - "Monitor Virutal Wlan Service" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I was checking my system configuration and happened across this weird one! 45650 Note the spelling: "Monitor Virutal Wlan Service" - "Virutal" rather than "Virtual" but either way, I can see no reference to such a process on the net. Searching...
So today I started my computer up and only 1 of my 3 monitors working. Nvidia control panel claimed my gpu could only support 1 monitor which was false. What fixed it for me was I simply unplugged the 3 displayport cables for my 3 monitors and...
For some reason I can't seem to figure out I can not change the size of the screen on my monitor. I have tried everything in personalization and display settings. Nothing is working. I have looked online and can not find answers there either. If...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:54.
Find Us