Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       19 Mar 2016 #111

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Hello Wael,

    My apologies for the late reply, it has been a busy week.

    The recoloring itself is automatic / batch... Photoshop, Gimp and you save in image format no cursors yet.
    However placing the recolored images in cursor format is a bit nasty because it's manual repetitive work; I've didin't find any batch program for cursors; something that has advanced recoloring directly for cur and ani files.

    I'll take a look at your colors but don't promise anything yet.

    You can definitely take a look at my EightForums custom cursors because they work on Windows 10. In fact the yellow one you showed me was added there first.
    Something purple here:
    Solved Custom Cursors - Page 2
    There are for the moment a few new ones here (red remastered, DMZ red...) and others there that are not posted here.

    Can you give me a preview / sketch of the exact colors you need?
    Black set: black with white edges?
    Purple set: black-based or white-based? Black edges on purple or purple edges on black, for instance.
    Otherwise I'll try a few color tests and post them later.

    Cheers!
    Hey again, Hopachi!

    Hope Saturday is going smooth for you. I'd like to give the cursor thing a try sometime but right now my plate is more than full. Thanks for the tips, regardless.

    There's a difference between the Windows 7/8 aero and the Windows 10, I believe. I don't like this "shiny" look the former ones have. What I'm looking is something that looks exactly like the Windows 10 default set. Only in BLACK, with white outlines, so a complete reverse of the default white with black outlines/edges. The loading circle can be either default blue or black, depends on how easy it would be for you to recolour it. Guess having the option for a black loading circle with the loading part in it being grey would be nice. And the blue circle, I can always grab from the default set, no?

    The purple one, however. My favourite purple shade is R: 93, G: 29, B: 97
    It does not have to be shiny. The flat look is all good, white edges too for some nice contrast. Loading circle would probably need to be the same colour too, to better match the set.

    In no way do I mean to sound demanding or anything, this is just a request and only because I know that there's no other place I can get what I'm looking for, even if our sister forums probably have close variations to them.

    This is completely up to you. In fact, I wouldn't mind donating towards your work if there's a link that I can use for that. Feel free to PM me about it as I believe that good work should always be rewarded and teleporting a beer through the internet has not been yet invented.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 808
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       19 Mar 2016 #112

    Hey Wael,

    Saturday is indeed going well.

    OK: it's clear what differences you mean between the Aero colors... Win7 is the glossy one, in fact there is no difference between Win8 and 10 cursor spinner.

    I like that purple!!
    It would look nice as the background, meaning you also need a lighter (purple, rose or white) edge...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple2.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	636 Bytes 
ID:	70363 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	650 Bytes 
ID:	70360
    Maybe a slight light-roze edge?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple3b.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	667 Bytes 
ID:	70366

    In fact r: 93 g: 0 b:97 takes an extra punch of contrast as the background... too dark edges are on the other hand bad.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple3b2.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	640 Bytes 
ID:	70371
    So I might go with this one.
    You have to get the visibility as good as it can.

    Black... it's simpler: just invert default one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aero_arrow_b.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	573 Bytes 
ID:	70361
    Take a look at this:
    Windows 8 Black Cursor (Metro) by Jrexxx on DeviantArt
    Works fine on 100% - 125% dpi.

    That's very kind of you willing to donate. I'm not that far into the business...
    It's fine for now; I'll see what I can do for the colors when I get the time.
    If you agree on the white/light-roze edges I'll post back some previews.

    teleporting a beer through the internet has not been yet invented
    Good one! But true!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       19 Mar 2016 #113

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Hey Wael,

    Saturday is indeed going well.

    OK: it's clear what differences you mean between the Aero colors... Win7 is the glossy one, in fact there is no difference between Win8 and 10 cursor spinner.

    I like that purple!!
    It would look nice as the background, meaning you also need a lighter (purple, rose or white) edge...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple2.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	636 Bytes 
ID:	70363 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	650 Bytes 
ID:	70360
    Maybe a slight light-roze edge?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple3b.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	667 Bytes 
ID:	70366

    In fact r: 93 g: 0 b:97 takes an extra punch of contrast as the background... too dark edges are on the other hand bad.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple3b2.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	640 Bytes 
ID:	70371
    So I might go with this one.
    You have to get the visibility as good as it can.

    Black... it's simpler: just invert default one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aero_arrow_b.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	573 Bytes 
ID:	70361
    Take a look at this:
    Windows 8 Black Cursor (Metro) by Jrexxx on DeviantArt
    Works fine on 100% - 125% dpi.

    That's very kind of you willing to donate. I'm not that far into the business...
    It's fine for now; I'll see what I can do for the colors when I get the time.
    If you agree on the white/light-roze edges I'll post back some previews.


    Good one! But true!
    Yo Hopachi!

    Was supposed to reply to your post earlier but got caught up in Division for a long while.

    That purple cursor does indeed look amazing! I like your improvement suggestions too! Besides, an artist should always like his own work too.

    Checked out that black set you linked from deviantart. While it was mostly on point, I found it lacking a little. For example, no black "link" icon and thinner loading circle. I obviously am pushing it there but I blame my perfectionism for that, sometimes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 808
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       20 Mar 2016 #114

    Wael said: View Post
    I found it lacking a little. For example, no black "link" icon...
    You're right!
    How in the world they add default one here...
    I've added a real black one below.
    Custom Cursors Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       20 Mar 2016 #115

    Hopachi said: View Post
    You're right!
    How in the world they add default one here...
    I've added a real black one below.
    You deserve a Nobel Peace prize. We need more people like you, fixing righting the wrongs of this world!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 808
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       20 Mar 2016 #116

    Thanks!
    Just use the same name as the older one and replace file, if scheme is already installed. Or manually replace it and save.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       20 Mar 2016 #117

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Thanks!
    Just use the same name as the older one and replace file, if scheme is already installed. Or manually replace it and save.
    Done! But I'm wondering.. Can something be done for this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mouse.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	70500

    For some reason, I can feel this circle mocking me and everything I stand for. They made it a little too thin and I have no idea how I'd go about fixing it. I suppose recolouring is one thing but animating is another.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 808
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       20 Mar 2016 #118

    Looks like the circle was put on a diet.
    The animation is 18 frames, meaning a bit more recoloring to do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       20 Mar 2016 #119

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Looks like the circle was put on a diet.
    The animation is 18 frames, meaning a bit more recoloring to do.
    Ah, right. So 18 recoloured pictures of that white version then.

    In the meantime, I tried using Real World Cursor Editor to simply invert the colours of the white pointers, just to play around.. But I can't find an option to simply invert from white to black, while also inverting the outline too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 808
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       20 Mar 2016 #120

    Yes,
    Other programs may support filmstrip so that means one image with all frames:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aero_working.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	70509

    The black one is, inverted, without the circle:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aero_working-b.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	70510

    And the cursor is attached below.
    Custom Cursors Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Custom Tiles yet?
Greetings! Does anyone know of a way to customize the Tiles of Windows 10 like how it's currently possible when using OblyTile in Windows 8.1? While I'm really liking the concept of Tiles I, in general, do not like how they look like as...
Customization
Custom Colors
Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. 51756 Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Customization
Custom PC Fan Grill
I heard that a FREE 3D printing service is now available at our neighborhood library. So I gave it a go and designed a custom PC fan grill bearing the logo of my Sapphire Nitro GPU. It's now on cue and may take a while. 40880 40879
Customization
Cursors gone
Hello and good day to all that are reading this, I have a quick question well maybe. I recently moved to windows 10 and I have been tinkering with a few things, well I changed my cursors to some new ones, but after a re-boot they default back to...
Customization
Custom build win 10
Hi, I am interested in an application that can create custom builds of windows 10 in a similar way that RT7Lite does for windows 7, the only application I've found so far isn't really as advanced or as customisable as RT7Lite was... I was...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums