Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    10 Feb 2015 #11
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm going to try it now!
    If I get 'locked' out, I'll see ya after a clean install!
    Good luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Feb 2015 #12
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,496
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    I made it back!
    Not without dodging a few 'potholes' though! That's definitely buggy! It took 3 cold shutdowns to get back!
    Don't bother enabling it, it's no great thrill!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    10 Feb 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I made it back!
    Not without dodging a few 'potholes' though! That's definitely buggy! It took 3 cold shutdowns to get back!
    Don't bother enabling it, it's no great thrill!
    Thanks for the information, again.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Feb 2015 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,024
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I made it back!
    Not without dodging a few 'potholes' though! That's definitely buggy! It took 3 cold shutdowns to get back!
    Don't bother enabling it, it's no great thrill!


    Thanks for the information, again.

    Jeff

    You are brave to have tried.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Feb 2015 #15
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,496
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    I'm a brute for punishment!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    10 Feb 2015 #16
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm a brute for punishment!
    Someone has to try I guess and thanks for trying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 Feb 2015 #17
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm a brute for punishment!
    . . .punishment. . .I call that a great sense of adventure. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Feb 2015 #18
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,496
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm a brute for punishment!
    . . .punishment. . .I call that a great sense of adventure. . .
    Yupper! You need something wrecked, I'm your man!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    07 Mar 2015 #19
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    SevierVille,TN
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Tech. Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    There's another registry hack floating around the internet for W10TP called 'Experimental Login'
    DO NOT try it, there's a darn good chance you won't be able to log back in after a restart or clean start.
    It's a big PITA!

    Attachment 11523
    This is how I messed up my first copy of Windows 10. I hard reset too many times and it messed up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Mar 2015 #20
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,496
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by d2123cross View Post
    This is how I messed up my first copy of Windows 10. I hard reset too many times and it messed up.
    That's ironic! I just reinstalled my way out of that mess an hour ago!
    (It was my own stupidity this time, though!)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?)
Has anyone tried to replace the UXTheme files in the preview with open ones designed for 8.1? I wanted to try non-Microsoft themes with the OS, and wanted to be sure it was safe to do so.
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums