Windows 10: lock screen - windows spotlight option not working
lock screen - windows spotlight option not working
I am currently up to date with all updates for my legal copy of windows 10 pro, I have choosen the windows spotlight feature for my lock screen, however it never activates, I still just get the microsoft glowing blue window screen, any thoughts?
also right below the options for lock screen are options to choose apps for detailed status and apps for quick status, I have also never seen these work anywhere, any help?
I believe the Windows 10 sign in image must be disabled first, as I've never been able to get a customization to stick without disabling it
To disable the sign in image, open regedit (winkey + R, then regedit) and copy/paste the following into the nav bar:
- Create new DWORD:
For spotlight, are you setting it simply to allow a custom lock screen image, or do you want to use the actual spotlight feature, which pulls images randomly from Bing depending on your preferences? If it's the latter, someone else will need to chime in as I've never wanted or used that.
However, if it's the former, and you're simply looking to utilize your own custom image for the lock screen:
- Navigate to C:\Windows\Web\Screen and paste your custom image
- Rename the pasted image to img100.1
- You cannot simply replace one of the 6 default images, as SFC and certain updates will delete the file since it won't have parity with the WinSxS component store.
- I recommend renaming it img100.x, as that will ensure it's the first image shown in Settings - Personalization - Lock screen
In regards to showing app statuses on the lock screen:
- If it's an app that shows internet content (Weather, News, Feeds, Facebook, etc), I've always had to open the app once on the desktop and allow it load in order for a firewall rule to be created. Once done, it should show content on the lockscreen.
- In regards to other apps that pull content directly from the PC (Alarm, Calendar, Messaging/Mail, etc.), it should show that data as long as you've opened the app at least once.
I 'm currently using the free universal app " amazing lock screen" and have no issue having new lockscreen picture when booting .and best of all you can save them easily if you want , not like search and renaming microsoft ones in a hidden folder... lol
all pic come from Bing too , spotlight is screwed with my windows 10 pro 10586.29
give a try
Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can...
For unknown reasons the Lock Screen prefs is locked on Slideshow mode, Picture and Windows spotlight do nothing:
Even when I select Windows spotlight or Picture the prefs...
My Windows 10 Lock screen is not working anymore..... :(
Everytime i change the lock screen, it is loading but lock screen is not changing.
My current lock screen is like this :
^^ PLZZ HELP!!
For some reason I have not got the shutdown options within the Lock Screen. They are only in the login but I want to have them in the Lock Screen as I may find myself unable to access login screen sometime in the future. I would like to have...
I only ever get one of the default pictures -- either the river or the sand. This is even after a complete reinstall. I also wiped out as much personalization data as possible from Bing and the Microsoft Account management page.
They used to work...